Can you pass the "All Stars "Test?

Started by The Reverend 48, July 30, 2009, 03:48:53 AM

Tony W

Can you pass the "All Stars "Test?

A: probably but I don't want to yet  :o I am filling in all the gaps in ability before I turn it in.Right now, I'm a D student working on an A.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

cuthbert

I want to try this too! Mike, is there a deadline for entry?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Saijinn Maas

Hmm 

Seem to have trouble downloading the backer. It connects, but nothing is downloading. Guess I'll try again in a bit.

Wiley

OMG LOok what you have started 48  And you thought you were busy before.  You have to keep us posted. LOL This will be fun.!!

The Reverend 48

SteveG is the first more advanced player to add his most excellent test to the growing collection listen here: http://www.box.net/shared/7mnhv359v3
His comments
"Well, that was interesting, really hard to stay inside that box, kept going for the 6th for some reason............
Good and worthwhile exercise tho, made me think and I did a lot of stuff I would not normally trying to keep it moving without sounding all the same. Enjoyed doing it, cheers."

Steve has joined our happy little gang with the intention of going back to basics to "pimp" his already great Blues Improv............Lets hope the course delivers! ::)
Well Done Steve ;) 8)

SteveG

Cheers mate, really enjoyed doing this and look forward to getting to grips with the rest of it  ;D If you can get me of my learning plateau and actually practising then you are Mr Motivator indeed!!!

Check for embarrassing typos.......

Press post ........

Wiley

Just had a listen to yours SteveG  It was great!!

StevieM

Bugger, I might have to re-take mine now!!!! Is that allowed???
Didn't think there could be many more variations on a theme, especially with just those notes-----------wrong again :o Nice one Steve.
And welcome to the school, not that I think you need it ;D

Oh yeh, just one thing to anyone else doing this------when we did ours none of us heard any of the others first!!!! ;)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Tony W

StevieM
I force myself to not listen to any other student. I've not listened to you guys since the jazzy post. I know that I'm the worst musician in the class, and possibly the only beginner as well. I got a little wrapped up trying to sound as good as everyone else, that I forgot to practice the basics until I had a solid foundation.

I'm prone to frustration as this instrument does not come naturally to me, so I look up the first completed lesson that I turn in to Mike. I turned in my first lesson on June 22, 2009. It marks the first day I could play a scale. When I put things back into perspective, I'm ready to move forward with a positive attitude.

Unfortunately I promised myself not to listen to the rest of the students until I'm ready.

SteveG, You have a great sense of humor!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR