Can you pass the "All Stars "Test?

Started by The Reverend 48, July 30, 2009, 03:48:53 AM

The Reverend 48

Following SteveG's post regarding the All Stars Blues "IMPROV" course...
I've been thinking if the course would benefit more advanced guitarists ???

Well see for yourself  ;)
we are all doing this test/ execise (irrespective of which lesson we are on and including myself)..I have designed it to explore timing and phrasing using very few notes....see attached plan

Listen to some of the excellent examples here 8)
http://www.box.net/shared/7mnhv359v3
Download the backer if you want and have a go (its not as easy as it sounds to keep to so few notes)
You can only use the notes on the chart :D
 if you want your take included in the file email me it to me at
mmacforte@googlemail.com
I am interested in your feedback
Also email me if you fancy joining the All Stars!
All our lessons are over backers so it is fun for anybody who likes the Blues......

Ferryman

Might have a go at this, even though time is very short. Interesting challenge. BTW, I hope you realised you cheated Mike - at one point you slide up the fretboard. That's definitely outside that box  ;)

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

I class it as a slide to nowhere that's how it would be written in tab (a bit like a curl)
that's my excuse anyway  ;D ;D ;D

SteveG

So slides, bends etc ok but on them notes?

The Reverend 48

SteveG

Ok, will get it done tonight. A hall and stairs to paint, then 3 kids coming for lessons, so no time 'till then. Cheers :)

Trotters

Trotters

so any note between the 4th and 9th fret is allowed?or just the dots?

Trotters

please ignore the above comment...duh

Justin_Case

I'm a late enrollee to 48's class, but having a great time catching up.  It's so cool to hear back to back all the different student's range in tone and style

This one was a challenge - I hope I passed    ;)