So, what's so great about a Telecaster anyway

Started by Bluesberry, July 29, 2009, 05:14:44 PM

Migs

Quote from: SdC on July 30, 2009, 08:53:29 AMIt's been the Fender MIM instruments that I'm particularly appaled with. And for the money of a good (but oh so standard) MIA strat, I can actually get the G&L George Fullerton signature strat that I picked up and was intantly glued together with. OMG what an instrument. It was the only USA G&L strat they had but the tele's looked the part as well. I picked up a couple of Tribute G&L's as well and those felt less "finished"  but still had a bit more X-factor than the MIM Fender's of the same price.

I have heard ordinary reports about the MIM's although I love mine.  It is usually off the rack that people aren't happy with.

Mine has custom pickups, a 4 way selector instead of the 3 way and the saddles are the 3 saddles rather than the 6 individuals.  The fret edges have been filed but other than that they are good.

The rest of the finish is excellent too.

Edit: how rude of me ... EXCELLENT purchase BB>
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Davo

BB you madman!  Thats quite the guitar, aside from butterscotch, thats the one Id get.
Certain guitars kill GAS-this one may for you.  No matter what you have a tele!  They sound wonderful and are built like a brick shithouse.

Im listening to your audio post as I type,  it sounds great.  They are a little harder to play but the tone is worth it!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blooby

Quote from: Davo on July 30, 2009, 09:02:26 PMCertain guitars kill GAS-this one may for you. 

But only temporarily, my friend.

The Reverend 48

BB I bloody hate you....I have now got the "I need a Tele Syndrome" >:( >:(
I will resist :D
Looks wicked and sounds it Too  8) 8) 8) 8)
Well Done you Bast*rd ;)

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Greeny on July 30, 2009, 02:46:01 AMOf course, the ideal scenario (in my opinion!) is to own:

A Telecaster
A Les Paul
An ES-335
A Stratocaster

Those cover all the bases I think, lol

I'm very surprised you're not interested in a Rickenbacker, Tim!  You hurt my feelings!  Kidding, of course. ;)
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 30, 2009, 03:04:08 PMWell, thanks everybody.  I went out to my music store, and there was this beaut hanging there, just waiting for me to come along.  It is a 2009 American Standard Telecaster, two tone sunburst.  I took it over to a Fender Blues Jr (same as my amp), pluged er in and WOW, pure Tele tone.  I get it now.  This one is really something, wonderful grain, great feeling neck.  I couldn't go home with out it.  My search is over, I am satisfied in the extreme.  I had a new set of 10s put on and it sounds even better than the dirty 9s that were on it.  I love this guitar, I am a Tele man now, and I understand the appeal and love for Teles.  Thanks to everybody for giving me the push to dispose of that tax money that I had coming  :D

CONGRATS, BB!!!  I am quite jealous!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

SE

Yup stevie B the very one tried a few but that one was the best.
recorder
Boss BR-80

psychmusic

I have an American Delux "V" Neck Stratocaster in 2-color burst. I love it. However, I too have GAS for a telecaster. I love the twang. I think that when most of us were younger the strat was The Guitar. Jimi, Eric, Steve, Beck, etc all used the strat. It was good enough for them, it was good enough for me. The strat is versitile just like the telecaster. However, they are apples and oranges. I have an apple and now I want an orange.