So, what's so great about a Telecaster anyway

Started by Bluesberry, July 29, 2009, 05:14:44 PM

OsCKilO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdEfW6pQo1o

This Guy does nothing for the Guitar......

Lucky it speaks for it's self......

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ted

I bought mine on eBay, having never played it, and largely ignorant about what to look for or listen for. I just wanted one for its Punk caché, along with it's reputation for being the only electric guitar you'll ever need.

Oddly, when it arrived it wasn't bright enough.  I had to take it in to my local Tele witchdoctor.  Even he thought my Tele sounded dark--so it wasn't a matter of me being a stupid bass-playing songwriter.  He put in a different capacitor to make it sound more like I had expected.

Mine doesn't have the lipstick tube neck pickup, which may be the reason I had to compensate for it with the new capacitor.  (Am I right, Tele geeks?)

Mine is also ash, so it weighs a ton.  I'm not saying I'm dissatisfied--but I did go through a spell of buyers remorse, and I had to spend my way out of it.

You did the right thing, BB: You tried before you... um... buyed.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Very cool Bluesberry, welcome to the Tele club!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

Way to go BB!!! You made a great choice...and remember what i said...you didn't spend any money....you invested it!!!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

SteveB

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

SE

The only electic guitar I would have just love the look the style and the sound, no fancy looks, it,s the simplicty that attracts me  and oh there only one colour that is black. Really can,t affored a real Fender so I,ve got the Squire tele custom the best money I,ve ever spent on a guitar but maybe one day I,ll own a Fender.
recorder
Boss BR-80

SteveB

SE - Something like this below??
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

SteveG

Black .... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I like! I am still in the process of building a Strat along those lines.

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

Quote from: Ted on July 30, 2009, 03:31:02 PMOddly, when it arrived it wasn't bright enough.  I had to take it in to my local Tele witchdoctor.  Even he thought my Tele sounded dark--so it wasn't a matter of me being a stupid bass-playing songwriter.  He put in a different capacitor to make it sound more like I had expected.

Mine doesn't have the lipstick tube neck pickup, which may be the reason I had to compensate for it with the new capacitor.  (Am I right, Tele geeks?)

Mine is also ash, so it weighs a ton.  I'm not saying I'm dissatisfied--but I did go through a spell of buyers remorse, and I had to spend my way out of it.

Ash is pretty bright on its own, maybe the previous owner tried to darken it up some?
Thats a resistor value youre talking about...but everyone knows what you mean.
Without the cover on the neck pup it does brighten things up...but for me half the appeal is that cover and playing rythmns on the neck pup, but like a humbucker pup it gets ballsier when you remove the cover, probably better suited for punk or metal tones...possibly even Zeppelin.

Nice score Bluesberry...and a great amp combo for it as well, Mmmm Texas Special REeeeed. Im sure its breaking up nicely!
And although youre setting out to do that backer...it wouldnt surprise me if your evening ends with you hitting a certain note and it driving you to early Zeppelin tunes. If you get bored, practice your Stairway  ;D
Some guitars just beg for you to play certain artists, its like you hear the tone and it inspires you.