So, what's so great about a Telecaster anyway

Started by Bluesberry, July 29, 2009, 05:14:44 PM

Sprocket

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 30, 2009, 08:07:19 AMThanks Sprocket for the heads up on the squire CV Teles.  I think I want a real American Standard Tele, just like my strat that I love so much.  These new Am Standard series are very good guitars that will last a lifetime.  Lets see what they have down at the store.

Seriously, if you can scoop up a used HWY1 you wont be disappointed...it has more features than the Standard.
Im a big fan of used guitars...all the guitar, at half the price, never loses its value, only appreciates after purchase.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Sprocket on July 30, 2009, 08:10:45 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on July 30, 2009, 08:07:19 AMThanks Sprocket for the heads up on the squire CV Teles.  I think I want a real American Standard Tele, just like my strat that I love so much.  These new Am Standard series are very good guitars that will last a lifetime.  Lets see what they have down at the store.

Seriously, if you can scoop up a used HWY1 you wont be disappointed...it has more features than the Standard.
Yea, that is another one to keep in mind, thanks.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

Im terrible with my edits...I added more to the above post.

SdC

If they also sell G&L ASAT, don't sell yourself short and try those. As full blooded Telecaster as they get and great value, superb quality and I suspect those are going to be amongst the Vintage classics of this era in the future.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Sprocket

Quote from: SdC on July 30, 2009, 08:39:39 AM
If they also sell G&L ASAT, don't sell yourself short and try those. As full blooded Telecaster as they get and great value, superb quality and I suspect those are going to be amongst the Vintage classics of this era in the future.

Do you own one?

Ive got a friend who owns one...I really like the ash bodies on all of the models, but the funky shape and import quality hardware put me off to the point I didnt really care what it sounded like...and I notice it gets very little play at his house.
But I do notice that they do have a loyal following...Im just of the opinion that Leo got it right the first time.

SdC

Quote from: Sprocket on July 30, 2009, 08:43:28 AMDo you own one?

Ive got a friend who owns one...I really like the ash bodies on all of the models, but the funky shape and import quality hardware put me off to the point I didnt really care what it sounded like...and I notice it gets very little play at his house.
But I do notice that they do have a loyal following...Im just of the opinion that Leo got it right the first time.
Not yet, but I'm shopping around for the definitive Strat. Have played quite a few in shops recently. It's been the Fender MIM instruments that I'm particularly appaled with. And for the money of a good (but oh so standard) MIA strat, I can actually get the G&L George Fullerton signature strat that I picked up and was intantly glued together with. OMG what an instrument. It was the only USA G&L strat they had but the tele's looked the part as well. I picked up a couple of Tribute G&L's as well and those felt less "finished"  but still had a bit more X-factor than the MIM Fender's of the same price.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Sprocket

Quote from: SdC on July 30, 2009, 08:53:29 AMNot yet, but I'm shopping around for the definitive Strat. Have played quite a few in shops recently. It's been the Fender MIM instruments that I'm particularly appaled with. And for the money of a good (but oh so standard) MIA strat, I can actually get the G&L George Fullerton signature strat that I picked up and was intantly glued together with. OMG what an instrument. It was the only USA G&L strat they had but the tele's looked the part as well. I picked up a couple of Tribute G&L's as well and those felt less "finished"  but still had a bit more X-factor than the MIM Fender's of the same price.

But for $1400???

Bluesberry

Well, thanks everybody.  I went out to my music store, and there was this beaut hanging there, just waiting for me to come along.  It is a 2009 American Standard Telecaster, two tone sunburst.  I took it over to a Fender Blues Jr (same as my amp), pluged er in and WOW, pure Tele tone.  I get it now.  This one is really something, wonderful grain, great feeling neck.  I couldn't go home with out it.  My search is over, I am satisfied in the extreme.  I had a new set of 10s put on and it sounds even better than the dirty 9s that were on it.  I love this guitar, I am a Tele man now, and I understand the appeal and love for Teles.  Thanks to everybody for giving me the push to dispose of that tax money that I had coming  :D

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

Gas gone now?

Nice buy, look forward to hearing it in action :)

Bluesberry

Quote from: SteveG on July 30, 2009, 03:06:48 PMGas gone now?

Nice buy, look forward to hearing it in action :)
Gas is gone, I feel relieved.  ::)  I am going to try that backer that hardlock put up and post something tonight with this beauty.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand