Move it !! (original)

Started by Geir, July 28, 2009, 09:37:59 AM

Ferryman

Moooooooooooove it indeed. Chugs along beautifully, great rocker, great guitars. Who needs a Marshall stack? I miss mine but the thing I don't miss was that it was a such a pain to Move It! This 52 year old does not like lugging 4x12s around anymore......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: Ferryman on August 03, 2009, 04:09:42 AM........Who needs a Marshall stack? I miss mine but the thing I don't miss was that it was a such a pain to Move It! This 52 year old does not like lugging 4x12s around anymore......
Yep .... a real backbreaker those 4x12's!!

I prefer to put my Marshall-stack together with my fender-combos, vox and all the other amps and gear in my pocket these days ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

So many new songs to catch up on! Getting through 'em slowly but surely...

You really rocked out on this one, Geir! GREAT guitar work and you programmed the BR robot rhythm section to perfection. A lovely balance of heavy and melodic. Beautiful work.

StevieM

That rocks!!  Damn, you're good 8)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

knniggits

Great rocking tune. I got a early Maiden crossed with Vai feeling from this.
JCM 800 sounds awsome!
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Geir

Quote from: knniggits on August 03, 2009, 10:12:59 AMGreat rocking tune. I got a early Maiden crossed with Vai feeling from this.
JCM 800 sounds awsome!
That Maiden reference is quite appropriate, funny thing is that I was going to add some harmonies to those guitars but skipped it because when we jammed it in LiFF back in '94 we did it as a trio (the singer and the other guitarist hadn't shown up for the rehearsal)
maybe I'll do it again some day with those harmonic guitars .....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

Sorry for the bump, but I'm posting this on soundclick now and was looking for a pic. This is what I found :

I want one !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

Quote from: Geir on August 02, 2009, 01:20:20 AMthe drums uses are the "HEAVY" kit on the mbr and I think I used dance-comp mastering effect. The drums don't fit perfect everywhere, and I'm sure my brother (and drummer in LiFF) will be pissed, but it was as close as I could get with the mbr-patterns !!

Huh! What a tune/skills/sounds!

I read this thread through and at first I wondered those drums, but there's the answer above. The Micro BR is a real magic box. This'll encourage me to practise with drum patterns. Good work on each level!

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

As promised ..... A shameless self bump ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

kenny mac

Nice,,,I'm actually thinking of ditching the amp all together and plugging my line 6 xtlive into the p.a. Purely for ease of gigging as I'm fed up with carrying gear out.