Songcrafters.org Glossary

Started by Ted, July 27, 2009, 01:55:53 PM

OsCKilO

Lol.......

I Thread Hi-Jacked my own thread on the last one......!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Quote from: osckilo on September 10, 2009, 06:11:21 PMLol.......

I Thread Hi-Jacked my own thread on the last one......!!

You are not even safe from yourself, Tharek!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Response anxiety

Where you see a response to your Tune, But it is so far down the board by the time you picked up on it that you are scared to comment (or thank the Member for their interest) as you do not want to bump the item and look like a "board-hogger".........

Response anxiety sets in....... :-[

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

SongFu -

When completing a song from scratch playing each instrument with complete control while injecting your own personality. Topping it off with excellent production.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Fear of tweaking effect parameters

Quote from: 64Guitars on September 23, 2008, 02:53:38 PMBecause of this tweakaphobia, I decided not to allow direct binary sharing of patches in my Micro BR Patch Documenter program. I tried that in the past with a program I wrote for the BR-864, but the idea was unsuccessful because everyone wants to download new effect patches, but nobody wants to create new patches to upload. Obviously, if nobody uploads, there will be nothing available to download. And that's exactly what happened. So, I thought that if Micro BR Patch Documenter only allowed you to share your patches as text, then users would have to actually enter the patch settings into their Micro BR in order to try out the patch. In doing so, I hoped that they'd soon realize that patch editing is quite easy, and this would encourage them to create their own patches which they'd in turn share with others. That way, I had hoped that a large library of custom patches would become available.

I encourage all tweakaphobics to confront their fears and start creating new effects patches. Then share those patches with other users by posting the settings in the Share your Patches child board, using Micro BR Patch Documenter to paste the settings into a message. With any luck, other users will learn from entering your patch settings and start creating and sharing patches of their own in a sort of snowball effect. So, by merely contributing one patch, you could potentially be rewarded for your efforts by the availability of many new user-contributed patches, eventually.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

'SICOTOB   

... Sure I  Commented On This One Before

aka "Senility Posting Syndrome"

many have experiensed that they are sure the have commented on someones post before ... only to discover their reply is mysteriously missing !!!!

there are of course many explanations to this ....

I like to blame the Elves ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

Quote from: Geir on September 18, 2009, 06:04:28 AM'SICOTOB  

... Sure I  Commented On This One Before

Excellent addition, Geir.  I've been experiencing this phenomenon quite a bit lately.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

Damn I am sure I posted on this already.  Something about...I can't remember.  Weird SICOTB stuff going on I guess.  If I already posted where do the missing posts go?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 18, 2009, 08:48:42 AMDamn I am sure I posted on this already.  Something about...I can't remember.  Weird SICOTB stuff going on I guess.  If I already posted where do the missing posts go?
YOU DID !!! I saw it !!! WTF is happening !!! 

this calls for another song !!!

who takes the challenge this time ?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on September 18, 2009, 08:50:10 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on September 18, 2009, 08:48:42 AMDamn I am sure I posted on this already.  Something about...I can't remember.  Weird SICOTB stuff going on I guess.  If I already posted where do the missing posts go?
YOU DID !!! I saw it !!! WTF is happening !!! 

this calls for another song !!!

who takes the challenge this time ?
I am on it Geir, I accept the challenge, to find the missing posts, it may be dangerous, it may be life altering, it may even involve Prog (shudder to think I may need to invoke the prog Gods, but it has to be done, for the good of all those lost posts).  I will need my strength, a few red ales should help.  This shall be my weekend project, see what I can find out.  I'll be back..............................!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand