Songcrafters.org Glossary

Started by Ted, July 27, 2009, 01:55:53 PM

launched

Thanks 64G's - Got somethin' up my sleeve for later, now...

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

Maccalodic - A melodic bassline that has McCartney qualities to it !!!

First used on Boskos basswork in "Klaatu: Parts III, II & I"  by The Stan Laurels.

The word should also have been (and would have it had been invented at the time) used on Flash Harrys Work on It's Summertime cause that was the word I was looking for then!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

Gear Acquisition Syndrome

The urge to buy new instruments, or gadgets.

Quote from: guitarron on August 27, 2009, 11:17:54 AMIbanez AK100NT hmmm...
GAS- feel attack coming on

i've tried out some of the artcore line b4-quite nice
i bought a cheap variax to do the jazzbox stuff-sounds ok but plays like shit

Quote from: Geir on August 17, 2009, 03:46:46 PMahhhh me want one YA MA HA ...... GAS attack coming ;D

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 18, 2009, 12:06:11 PMThanks 64G and Blooby, thanks a lot.  Damn you guys!!!!  I have a major attack of GAS now.  I also have been drooling over a guitar synth set-up for a while now.  This post is sending me over the top.  From what I have read, I would like a Godin guitar with the synth access built in, some very nice models to choose from, and one of those VG99s.  I would be very happy with that combo.  Thanks a lot!!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

OsCKilO

Satch-urated

Definition:-

(1)
very quickly placed electrically charged scales executed in an infinitely-generated extreme fashion, carefully positioned, with cleaver proportion, range, and timing.

(2)

A Fucking Awesome sound!

See Here......

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/can't-slow-down-(satriani-cover-wvox)/msg47167/#msg47167

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

The G-Spot

1)
The Place always stimulated by the Music Produced by G.T Alfsen. You didn't know you had one until you listened!

Extended exposure may cause a Build up in Rocket Sauce.....
Release through extended sessions of Noodling.....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ted

Not Safe For Work

Quote from: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nsfwNot Safe For Work. Used to describe Internet content generally inappropriate for the typical workplace, i.e., would not be acceptable in the presence of your boss and colleagues (as opposed to SFW, Safe For Work).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

When I leave comments in topics started by others, with links to my own declined topics with the hope that someone else will click over and bump my topic out of obscurity.

This definition is written in the first person because I may be the only sad schmuck that does this.

It's less blatant, but more desperate than masterbumping.

Quote from: Ted on July 29, 2009, 03:12:36 PM
Quote from: launched on July 29, 2009, 12:12:24 PMI just cut out of work and loaded my player up with some recent BR music posts. I'm about to rattle my rearview f#$kin' mirror!

If I do say so myself, Vitameatavegamin rattles mirrors quite well.  I gave it the car-stereo test yesterday.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Satchwood

Quote from: osckilo on August 30, 2009, 03:48:06 PMSatch-urated

(1)
very quickly placed electrically charged scales executed in an infinitely-generated extreme fashion, carefully positioned, with cleaver proportion, range, and timing.

(2)

A Fucking Awesome sound!

See Here......

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/can't-slow-down-(satriani-cover-wvox)/msg47167/#msg47167

Satchurated by the Satchurator (good one T!)

This place is saturated with great tunes for sure!!!

Here's one for ya: 

Listenability !!!  : probably everyone's definition is a little different, but hey........"played often" "enjoyed immensely" "brings a high degree of listening pleasure"  etc.

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ted

Quote from: http://thread-jacking.urbanup.com/2010833Taking over a thread on a message board by taking a part of the original posted topic, twisting it around and "hijacking" the thread itself. What happens is that the original content contained in the post becomes moot and whatever the "Thread Jacker" has manipulated the content to be becomes the new content thereby "hijacking" the original intent of post. People now respond to the "thread jacker's" input and the that becomes the focus of the tread.

Quote from: launched on September 01, 2009, 01:52:59 PM
Quote from: osckilo on September 01, 2009, 01:50:32 PMAnd This was a crazy version of the [Norwegian] Wood!

You said - "Wood"

Quote from: Geir on September 01, 2009, 02:50:31 PMGimme gimme gimme ...... wood ??? WTF ???

Quote from: launched on September 01, 2009, 07:31:28 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on September 01, 2009, 07:03:49 PM
Quote from: Geir on September 01, 2009, 05:15:33 PMI think that in the 60s actual Norwegian wood was quite popular in homes in brittain. 'It still is in Norway, at least in cabins. My cabin (in which many of my songs are written and recorded) is quite but not entirely made of Norwegian wood ;D

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought Norwegian wood was what you get when you see Norwegian-born actress Natassia Malthe:o  ;)

Wow! I second that!!

Etc.

Quote from: osckilo on August 30, 2009, 09:36:00 AM
Quote from: launched on August 29, 2009, 11:40:22 PM
Quote from: Ted on August 29, 2009, 07:49:09 PM
Quote from: hooper on August 29, 2009, 05:42:21 AMBTW- 75 Replies|317 Views in less than 3 days..... A new record folks!

And achieved with no masterbumping whatsoever!

And there was no post hijacking, either - All content pertains to the song!  :D

until now.......Lol ;)

There was no time for boobs.........

We turned into music nerds.......

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

OsCKilO

But everyone likes boobs................
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR