Songcrafters.org Glossary

Started by Ted, July 27, 2009, 01:55:53 PM

Bluesberry

Quote from: launched on July 30, 2009, 09:12:11 AMUsually bleated in high falsetto when a listener is at a loss for words after experiencing an exceptional music post. In text form, the number of e's printed will indicate how sweet the post actually was.

Audio Example:
Holy sh*t Mark, I am laughing my ass off here, is that really your voice, that is so awesome to include an audio example. I am going to listen to this over and over again, just for the sheer joy of hearing your voice do the Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! sound.  Great post for the glossary.

Update (5 minutes later) Help, I can't stop hitting play on this.  This is too much!!!!!!

Update (10 minutes later) I still can't stop myself from hitting play and hearing that crazy falsetto voice.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ted on July 30, 2009, 08:39:45 AM
Quote from: 48 on July 30, 2009, 03:26:16 AMBUMPSY: noun / adjective
To Unashamedly fabricate a post to bump one's own work to the top of the pile ;D

Use
"I see 48 has a case of Bumpsy again"  ;) ;D

This phenomenon needs a word, but what about "masterbumping" instead?

I got caught masterbumping my "introduce yourself" post a couple of days ago.
OMG that is so great "masterbumping", very clever.  This Glossary is turning into a real hoot for sure.  It needs to have a sticky so it doesn't get lost, for the new folks coming on here next month and need to know these terms to navigate around here properly.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 30, 2009, 11:54:49 AMOMG that is so great "masterbumping", very clever.  This Glossary is turning into a real hoot for sure.  It needs to have a sticky so it doesn't get lost, for the new folks coming on here next month and need to know these terms to navigate around here properly.

I would be so honored if a topic I created got a sticky!  I wouldn't have to masterbump so often.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 30, 2009, 11:50:50 AMHoly sh*t Mark, I am laughing my ass off here, is that really your voice...

Yeah, it's me! I'm still laughing, and I put it up... There are a lot of different dialects of this term, but where I'm from this one the most common. At my last Patriots game in MA, I heard a lower, more terse "F#$kin' Sweet!!" dialect, which I would prefer to use more for football than music.

P.S. There's a hack out there for the Staple's Easy Button - This would be good for that...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

Disasters Usually Motivate Backups

This term comes from the tech world, and hasn't been used on BossBR.net yet, but it should be.

Quote from: LESTG on June 27, 2009, 04:57:19 PMBack up and running! WHEW! I have know idea what happened??? I had to initiate my card again and lost every thing. I think I'm going to start mking data folder on the puter so I don't have to do this again.

I will have to do the song I was on all over URRRRGHH! :-\

Quote from: launched on July 30, 2009, 12:27:45 PMTo the non-backeruppers:

Please record and master a wonderful song on your BR. Something that you could never reproduce in a million years. Listen to it once and savor. Then use the SD card as a level for your coffee table. Feel the pain.

Quote from: Ted on June 18, 2009, 01:18:13 PMI plugged in an adapter, heard a pop, and then smelled the smell of fresh baked electronics. ...

My card was dead, and I had lost many hours of recording and editing.

My last backup had been about four months earlier.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

another one for the glossary. hic? : i have been drinking
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

The Reverend 48

HUMBUCKERY

Defn: Self-Indulgent, aimless noodling on Humbucker Style Pick ups ;D

Quote from: 48 on July 30, 2009, 06:50:07 AMI couldn't pass up HL's offer for a bit of Humbuckery  ;)

Ted

Based on two or three posts I've made over time (most recently this one), where I needed to clarify or apologize, I think we need a term for the glossary, meaning "Ambiguous as to whether or not the commenter is being a dick."

My first thought was "ambidickstrous."  Unfortunately, that term has already been taken.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Quote from: Ted on August 17, 2009, 11:43:03 PMBased on two or three posts I've made over time (most recently this one), where I needed to clarify or apologize, I think we need a term for the glossary, meaning "Ambiguous as to whether or not the commenter is being a dick."

A. It happens to many of us, and I can only express extreme joy and satisfaction when it is not me  ;), because I am below the radar for that particular moment. And I can only hope somebody gets a deep chuckle when it's my turn...

B. The "injured" party usually forgives and moves on after an explanation or apology.

C. I liked the SteveG smiley - That was clever!

I wonder if BB code has hidden smileys - Skype has a bunch of them.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: launched on August 18, 2009, 10:54:55 AMI wonder if BB code has hidden smileys - Skype has a bunch of them.

I don't know if there are any hidden smileys in BB Code, but you can use smileys found on the web. For example, here are a couple from freesmileys.org/...

It's easy to use the smileys from freesmileys.org. Just click the "Forum Code" box below the smiley and press Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard. Then paste that text into your message.

If the smiley you want to use is too big, simply add width and/or height values to the [img] tag. The default BB Code smileys are 15 x 15 pixels.

For example, the following smiley (whiney?) is too big:

[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/free-big-smiley.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/big/big-smiley-005.gif[/img][/url]

By adding width and height to the [img] tag, we can shrink it to normal size:

[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/free-big-smiley.php][img width=15 height=15]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/big/big-smiley-005.gif[/img][/url]

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website