Songcrafters.org Glossary

Started by Ted, July 27, 2009, 01:55:53 PM

Flash Harry

Used by the more caledonian of the UK brothers.

Braw - rather fine. Slightly less so than FMGWABP but more than a half hearted 'Rather good chaps'.

Can be replaced in some contexts by the word 'Canny' in Newcastle and the surrounding areas

('Wheys yor tee short bonny laad?'
 'Canny'

('How do you find your vest my man?'
'Very rather good, thank you for asking.'))

but not all.

Commentators have claimed that ORH has used the word on occasion.
There are other commentators who would argue that ORH is not entirely aware of all the nuances of the word and its contextualisation.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteCommentators have claimed that ORH has used the word on occasion.
There are other commentators who would argue that ORH is not entirely aware of all the nuances of the word and its contextualisation.
whit dae yeah mean, yeah texted mi this morning and asked whit a thought o the new mix o camera. i replied braw.
i really meant fmgwabp.

braw tell yer maw.

glossary contextualisation is the process of assigning meaning, either linguistic or as a means of interpreting the environment within which an expression or action is executed.

FMGWABP
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

TIP: When you want to use a term or expression that might not be clear to everyone, enclose it in [abbr] [/abbr] tags (abbreviation). Here's an example:

[abbr=f@@k me gently with a barge pole!]fmgwabp[/abbr]

After your message is posted, it will look like this:

fmgwabp

When the reader places his mouse over "fmgwabp", he'll see a hint that gives the full meaning (try it on the "fmgwabp" above).

You could also use [acronym] [/acronym] tags instead, but they do the same thing and "abbr" is easier to type.

Alternatively, you can use the [url] [/url] tags to link to the entry in this glossary. For example:

definitely got a bad case of [url=http://songcrafters.org/community/general-discussion-b8/bossbr-net-glossary/msg40720/#msg40720]boskoschwartzitis[/url] here is the third take.

After it's posted, it will look like this:

definitely got a bad case of boskoschwartzitis here is the third take.

Clicking the word "boskoschwartzitis" will open the message from the glossary that contains the definition.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SteveG

I have this funny feeling that you will regret posting that 64G  ;)

Bosko Schwartz

:( Maximum Shit Ratio:

When the ratio of views/listens to a song is so lopsided that one gets the impression that the song blows so much donkey ass that it should never have been posted.

Example:
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 29, 2009, 05:06:57 PMWell, posting the Void tune didn't go over so well (64 views & 6 replies -- talk about Maximum Shit Ratio)!

;D Retardiculous Ratio:

1. A song is so damned good that those who have listened to it have opened the topic so many times to listen that it distorts the ratio of views/listens to replies to Retardiculous proportions.  (Example: This is a song (the closest I've come to country) - currently at 548 views to 58 replies).

2. A song is so insanely good that it renders people "speechless," keeping the ratio of views/listens to replies to Retardiculous proportions.  (Example: Don't Think Twice - currently at 159 views to 28 replies).
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bosko Schwartz

:o Retardiculous: A twisted combination of being beyond ridiculous, beyond retarded, and even beyond FMGWABP all at once.  Can refer to the most incredibly wonderful or insanely heinous things. :o

Example:

Hottest 100 Songs of All Time

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 13, 2009, 01:01:11 PMThis is the dumbest list I've ever seen.  How can anyone even try to compile a list of the 100 "hottest" songs of all time?  And what is the definition of "hot?"  Are they trying to say these are literally the 100 greatest songs -- from any genre -- of all time???  I am a HUGE Nirvana fan, but to put "Smells Like Teen Spirit" at #1 is retarded.  It's beyond retarded, it's retardiculous.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

The Reverend 48

BUMPSY: noun / adjective
To Unashamedly fabricate a post to bump one's own work to the top of the pile ;D

Use
"I see 48 has a case of Bumpsy again"  ;) ;D

Greeny

KITCHEN SINKER

As in:

This song is a real kitchen sinker - it has everything but the bloody kitchen sink on it.

I'd put a few of mine in this category, lol. Anything over 8 tracks should probably qualify for this description. And anything over 12 tracks should be a Kitchen Sinker Deluxe   :D ;D

Ted

Quote from: 48 on July 30, 2009, 03:26:16 AMBUMPSY: noun / adjective
To Unashamedly fabricate a post to bump one's own work to the top of the pile ;D

Use
"I see 48 has a case of Bumpsy again"  ;) ;D

This phenomenon needs a word, but what about "masterbumping" instead?

I got caught masterbumping my "introduce yourself" post a couple of days ago.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

SWEET
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Usually bleated in high falsetto when a listener is at a loss for words after experiencing an exceptional music post. In text form, the number of e's printed will indicate how sweet the post actually was.

Audio Example:
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover