Songcrafters.org Glossary

Started by Ted, July 27, 2009, 01:55:53 PM

Ted

The perception that on BossBR.net, size matters, inversely.

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 01, 2009, 07:17:05 PM...it is not "microBR envy" but "microBR board envy".  It feels like the party is over at microBR Post your work section and the other recorder sections are all cobwebs and drunken guys sleeping in the corners, none too lively.

This perception is demonstrably untrue.  Many of us Micro BR users take up charitable work, and volunteer to visit the sections dedicated to other BR recorders.  We have a schedule posted on a secret section of this site, and every day one of us is delegated to go looking for drunken guys sleeping in the corners lonely topics in the less active boards.

Look here.  My day was yesterday.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

NOTE: This is just for fun - I agree with most others that it does not matter how a song is produced, save recording something directly from the radio/stereo. It's the end result that matters.

A BR owner (of any model) that produces an audio arrangement utilizing the features available within the unit itself. The mastered mp3/wave file is then delivered via CD/USB/Flash.

Usage Example(Excerpts from a post in the BR600 section):

Quote from: launched on July 19, 2009, 09:51:42 PMYou are a BR600 purist - I love that. I'm an MBR man...

Quote from: g1ngerjack on July 20, 2009, 11:53:19 PM...We purists need to stick together! Yes I know it's a labour of love, but I do like to try & keep everything on the BR600, if only so I can go back to it in it's entirety at a later date...

Quote from: Ferryman on July 22, 2009, 06:52:34 AMGreat stuff, pretty much spot on and very well recorded as well. And very impressive that it's all BR, kudos indeed (especially that syndrum!). I like the idea you are a purist, but as an MBR purist I would say you are taking the easy path with the BR600! Just kidding, this is great stuff and as someone whose musical prime was from 1978 to 1985 this is right up my alley.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

When you are too overwhelmed to respond to all of the unread topics--and you feel really bad about it.

Sometimes it is done quietly, without public notice. Other times it is accompanied by a public apology.

Words of consolation from our Global Moderator:
Quote from: 64Guitars on June 02, 2009, 12:49:27 PMMarking all messages read is actually a pretty good solution when you're swamped beyond recovery, and it's not as drastic as some people might think. As new posts are added to existing topics, those topics will get marked unread again. So, chances are that you'll eventually see most of the unread messages that you'd marked read anyway.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

OsCKilO

Foil Hat area....

When the conclusions arrived at by two or more Forum members uncannily represents a latent Psychic connection/ability..

See Below....

https://songcrafters.org/community/general-discussion-b8/vacation-list/msg38937/#msg38937

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

When a BossBR.net member's real life commitments allow only enough time to quickly scan new posts and make very few comments for a period of time.

Advance notice is sometimes given to prevent being tagged with a "Where's" post.

Usage Example:

Will be lurking for a few days, don't think me rude.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

When a beloved BossBR.net member, who has not publicly announced that he/she has switched to Lurk Mode, turns up missing. After a few days, a sad post will appear in the General Discussion category with 'Where's "<Insert BR Member Here>"' in the subject field.

Usage Example:

Where did Greeny Go?

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Weird things can happen when one of these threads surfaces.  Nobody really knows the origins of this type of phenomenon.  Recently a thread of this nature was so powerfull that it made a forum member get pulled into an alternate dimension where he was seduced by not one but two devilish and mesmerizing ladies.  Rumor has it that he never really returned and that the person walking around calling themselves Geir is really an ancient amphibious creature that just inhabits his empty shell of a body, while the real Geir is cavorting still with those ladies.  The Horror, the horror, the horror.  If you see this kind of thread, do not go near, shut the computer down immediately, put on a tinfoil hat and lie perfectly still underneath your bed for at least 3 hours, just to be safe.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

What about "obsessive modify-itis"?
I swear I have the hardest time making a post without modifying it no less than twice, for multiple various reasons.
Spelling, pics, links, multiple quote responses, forgot an important point, forgot an important question...sometimes while re-reading a post I will form newer better more percise questions.
Suddenly, Im feel theres probabaly a much less glamorous name for such behavior  :-\

Every recieve 3 different email responses to a single email you sent?
From the same person?(thats a rhetorical question Mike "48")  :D

Ted

The absolute measure of badassity, equaling one full badass unit (BU). 

A topic cannot have 2 BU, only 1 BU or less.

I Love a Rainy Night by Eddie Rabbit = .03 BU
The Tale of Two Ladies by Geir = 1 BU

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on July 16, 2009, 01:30:13 PMI have to say... This was incredible. Dare I say the Epitome of Badassity!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Quote from: Sprocket on July 28, 2009, 05:31:27 PMWhat about "obsessive modify-itis"?
I swear I have the hardest time making a post without modifying it no less than twice, for multiple various reasons.
Spelling, pics, links, multiple quote responses, forgot an important point, forgot an important question...sometimes while re-reading a post I will form newer better more percise questions.

How about "LETNES Syndrome" which stands for "Last Edit: Today.  Next Edit: Shortly."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac