Songcrafters.org Glossary

Started by Ted, July 27, 2009, 01:55:53 PM

Ted

Please add definitions here so that new users can get the most out of the site.

To add a new definition, reply to this topic, and put the term in the Subject field.

If possible, provide an example of the term in use.

And... Be Nice!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Perfectionism through iteration. A tendency to remix, and repost, again and again until the song is just right.

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 26, 2009, 03:01:40 PMdefinitely got a bad case of boskoschwartzitis here is the third take.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

if we use it often enough it could end up in the oxford english dictionary
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Obsessive perfectionism.  Squeezing more production value out of a microrecorder than is believed possible. 

Distinct from Boskoschwartzitis in that the song is beyond perfect when it debuts.

If the song is a game changer, and some people hate you for it, you might have gone AndyR.

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 10, 2009, 03:22:11 PMI'm just going all AndyR dear, it will be ok in a few days, once done mastering.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Ted on July 27, 2009, 02:11:12 PMObsessive perfectionism.  Squeezing more production value out of a microrecorder than is believed possible. 

Distinct from Boskoschwartzitis in that the song is beyond perfect when it debuts.

If the song is a game changer, and some people hate you for it, you might have gone AndyR.

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 10, 2009, 03:22:11 PMI'm just going all AndyR dear, it will be ok in a few days, once done mastering.

Hmm ... should I be offended by this? ???  I would tend to say I'm more of an obsessed perfectionist than "chronically dissatisfied with my mix."  However, admittedly, the two go hand-in-hand.  Just seems like one has more of a negative connotation than another. :-\  Anyone want to back me up, here?
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Ted

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 27, 2009, 02:16:57 PMHmm ... should I be offended by this? ??? 

Absolutely not!  I'm one of your many admirers here.  Yours is "perfectionism through iteration."  I'll update the definition.

However, maybe the glossary wasn't such a good idea if there's the potential for hurt feelings.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

we all love you boscko , you know that. and if we get you into the oxford english dictionary, you can put the definition on your cd cover,
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bosko Schwartz

Just making sure, guys.  You never know with this group. ;D

Didn't mean to get all sensitive.

Carry on, then ... ;)

Bosko Schwartz

FMGWABP: I have no fucking idea. ???

Please enlighten me, Jim.

Ted

This means, "I'm quite impressed with what I have just heard."

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 19, 2009, 04:06:09 PMi love this guitars and everything all spaced out  nicely with a full wide sound, fmgwabp as i say.

Click here and...

Fuck me gently with a barge pole.

Drag your mouse to here.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac