Additional Options on message board

Started by Farmjazz, July 27, 2009, 08:47:48 AM

Farmjazz

I can't seem to insert an image into a message. The icons are there, and they insert a link feature, but there is no additional options button to browse for a file. Are these icons that require a link supposed to work on the message board?

64Guitars

The [img] [/img] tags are for linking to an image stored somewhere on the internet. Between the tags, you have to paste the URL of the image.

If you just want to upload an image from your hard drive, attach it to the message by clicking "Additional Options" and "Browse...". The image will appear at the bottom of your message as a thumbnail. Anyone reading your message can click on the thumbnail to view the picture fullsize. As an example, I've attached an image to this message.

For more on images, see https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br/pictures/msg28557/#msg28557

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Farmjazz

Thanks, 64Guitars, but I was asking about the "personal" message section. The Additional Options button is not present, but the insert picture/link/YouTube/mp3, etc. buttons seem to indicate that you can use them. Maybe its just capable of inserting something from the web, but not uploaded from the user's computer?

I hope this makes sense.

64Guitars

Personal messages don't allow attachments, so you have to upload your image to somewhere on the web (if it isn't already there), then insert the url of the image between the [img] [/img] tags in your personal message.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website