the top five best gigs you ever attended.

Started by Oldrottenhead, July 26, 2009, 09:31:34 AM

Oldrottenhead

Quote1. Robyn Hitchcock at the Somerville Theatre on the 'I Often Dream of Trains' tour last fall. Great show, and a really great album.
ooh im jealous
Quote1. Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous tour, still one of my fav albums
think thats the one i was at, johnny cougar was the support.
QuoteMost recent was James Taylor at Glasgow,s Fruit Market he was really good too.
the fruitmarket is a brilliant venue.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Quote from: side effect on July 27, 2009, 01:17:33 PMDon,t do a lot gigs lately but used to go to Glasgow Apollo when I was a lot younger and best gigs I saw there where.

1. Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous tour, still one of my fav albums

2. Rory Gallagher Shadowplay tour, just fantastic live

3. Bad Company, my fav singer of all time

4. The Jam at the time of their Setting Sons album

5. Black Sabbeth, when Ozzie was really menecing, not all show biz

Most recent was James Taylor at Glasgow,s Fruit Market he was really good too.

Seen all them but for Bad Company, later tours, but still very similar tastes there :)

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: cuthbert on July 27, 2009, 12:47:07 PM
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 27, 2009, 12:38:00 PMInteresting.  The Apples in Stereo are one of my favorite bands, and I saw this tour as well (unfortunately, the only time I have gotten to see them live), and thought it wasn't that great.  Perhaps because Velocity of Sound is my least favorite Apples album.  Just curious -- how do you rate that album compared to the rest of their catalogue?

I must have caught them on a good night. :) I thought it was a great show - Robert had tons of energy, Hilarie was still drumming with the group and sang a few, and there was a great encore set beginning with 'Heroes & Villains'.

'Velocity of Sound' is probably my second or third favorite by them. I like 'Her Wallpaper Reverie' best, and then it's either 'The Discovery of a World Inside the Moone', 'Velocity of Sound', or 'Fun Trick Noisemaker'.

Frankly, all their stuff is great!  :)

Yeah, I liked the fact that Hilarie was still with them, for sure.  And the show wasn't horrible, it just made me wish I had seem them for a Wallpaper or Discovery tour, for example.  Sounds like your show was better than mine.  A "Heroes & Villains" cover would have made my night!  You and I are on pretty much the same page, although I like Tone Soul Evolution and New Magnetic Wonder a little better than Fun Trick Noisemaker.  But I should also clarify that when I say Velocity is my least favorite album, it doesn't mean I don't love it, because I love everything they've done!  It's like saying Let it Be is my least favorite Beatles album -- it's still 1000 times better than most bands' stuff.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

cuthbert

I hear yah, Bosko...The Apples are one of those bands that never puts out a clunker.

'New Magnetic Wonder' is a great one too, and if you ask my top 3 tomorrow, two of them might have changed again.  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Satchwood

1) Joe Satriani G3 Tours w/ Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, John Petruci, Yngwie Malmsteen

2) YES reunion tour

2) Rolling Stones steel wheels tour

3) Ted Nugent w/Bad Company

3) Lynchmob & ZZ Top (same night, different venues)

4) Dread Zepplin w/ Mojo Nixon (what a flippin blast)

5) Judas Priest, Motorhead, & Alice Cooper

Shoot, I can't count.......
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)