Song Intro's

Started by SteveG, July 25, 2009, 06:43:51 PM

Sprocket

Quote from: SteveG on July 26, 2009, 07:00:06 PMTry this one......gotta go to bed now.

Triumph - Lay It On The Line ?

SteveG

SteveG

Ted

Quote from: cuthbert on July 27, 2009, 08:05:54 AMI'm also a Wire fan from back in the day! Their first three releases have been in regular rotation on my iPod for the past few months.
cuthbert and Nigel: If two fans of Magazine like Wire, I need to check them out.  Where should I start?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

cuthbert

For art-punk, I'd recommend their first: 'Pink Flag'.

For art post-punk with a broader musical palette, I'd recommend 'Chairs Missing' and '154'.

None in any particular order. I can never decide which of these three I like best!  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

What Cuthbert said. Start with Pink Flag, it was seminal in taking the punk ideal (short, in some cases very short, simple high impact songs) with a deeper lyrical and sometimes challenging contnet (but not in a Dead Kennedys type way, hence the art punk tag). Then go to 154, more polished (close to Magazine), and then Chairs Missing (transitional). their later stuff is good but you need to be more selective. You can't go wrong with these three albums.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I have no idea what Cuthbert's latest intro is!!!!

The opening notes and guitar tone sound a bit like The Strangler's 'Strange Little Girl' , but they're not.

No eye deer, lol

Ferryman

Intrigued - will listen as soon as I can....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

No, you've got me there Cuthbert.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Is a hint OK?

1960s and 1980s.

The two most famous versions (the original and a cover) were by bands whose two-word names began with "The"; the second word of their names each had the same number of letters.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase