Song Intro's

Started by SteveG, July 25, 2009, 06:43:51 PM

SteveG

Quote from: Ted on July 26, 2009, 08:23:01 PMHey, I thought I was next!

Oops, sorry. Thought you were not going to post.....

Quote from: Ted on July 26, 2009, 09:30:46 PMHey, SteveG, maybe if you renamed this topic to "Song Intro's" it might draw some more attention.

Ok, done that.

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 26, 2009, 07:09:43 PMProbably just a coincidence, but it sounds a bit like "Echo Beach" by Martha & The Muffins.

Nope.

lexman

Bro

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 26, 2009, 12:35:39 PMHere's another. Only four chords but I think they're instantly recognisable.

House of the rising sun? The animals?
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Ferryman

Quote from: Ted on July 26, 2009, 08:23:01 PM
Quote from: cuthbert on July 26, 2009, 05:02:42 PMCorrect, of course.  :)

Your turn...

Hey, I thought I was next!

Here it is.

Bonus point if you can name another related song, prior to this one, that used the same hook, but not as an intro.

Oops, missed this thread, so too late to claim the Magazine prize. Of course I got that classic song within a hearbeat of hearing it. It was originally used in the Buzzcocks song Lipstick and like some other of the early joint Devoto/Shelley Buzzcocks material it surfaced after Devoto had left. For example, the music for Boredom from Spiral Scratch became "Fast Cars" in post-Devoto Buzzcocks. But now I sound like an anorak.

Thanks for this one Ted. You have reminded me I should have put "Real Life" in my top 5 albums. I just loved that album and Magazine. Magazine and Wire were my two fave bands from the late 70s and really were the "art" side of punk (along with PiL I guess).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Damn... missed this! Lipstick is my favourite Buzzcocks song!!!!! I don't know the Magazine variant of it though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT1KBh8WpXY

cuthbert

intro_2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
QuoteYou're the winner!

I bet Nigel can answer the bonus question.

But now it's your turn.

Thanks! Would you believe that after wracking my brain it actually came to me like a thunderbolt just before I posted my reply? I was instantly back in the early Eighties!  :o

I would not have gotten the Buzzcocks version of it without Googling. Well done, and a great question!

Here's my next one...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

p.s. ...please pardon the lousy drums. I'm still struggling with arrangements in the MicroBR.  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

Listen to this - I think you can see why Devoto split from the Buzzcocks. He wanted to go in a darker, more overcoaty direction while Shelley went pure pop punk. I loved both mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybUqM8jf3mU

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Thanks for posting that, Nigel...it sure takes me back. I had 'Real Life' on LP! Still might have it, someplace...

I'm also a Wire fan from back in the day! Their first three releases have been in regular rotation on my iPod for the past few months.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Sprocket

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 26, 2009, 12:33:58 PMHere ya go...

Marshall Tucker - Cant You See

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 26, 2009, 12:35:39 PMHere's another. Only four chords but I think they're instantly recognisable.

For Your Love by the Yardbirds