"Clean"

Started by tom r, July 25, 2009, 03:17:01 PM

tom r

CLEAN_03
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is something i knocked together last night> had to record to MP3 at low quality unfortunately due to file size!! I tried to trim it in audacity to take some noise at the beginning but it kept upping the bit rate from 64 to 128 havn't aclue why any solutions? hope the sound quality isn't too bad?

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

OsCKilO

very cool song!

Careful with the noise removal tool on audacity. . . It eats other parts of your song if you do it all at once.

The program seems to think fingerpicking is "noise".

I could hear some of the noise removal signature on parts, but still love this track.

Awesome playing, vocals and songwriting!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

assassin

YEAH crack on man -- turn up the volume when your mastering
it makes the song louder !

ASSASSIN !

OsCKilO

It might be better using the "Silence Generator" at the start and end rather than Noise reduction....

This tune is Great, and some of your great skill isn't coming through as clear as it should  because of the Noise removal........
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Hey Tom - This is fantastic! I am in awe of your arrangement! Your song kicks ass!! I'm on my 4th listen right now. What talent!!

I'm not sure about the Audacity thing - Is there any way you can just trim the tracks in the MBR unit? I would really rather have the noise. Or just forget about supressing the noise.

What a great tune here - It's moving and wonderful. If file size is a problem, just put it on SoundClick - I hate SoundClick due to the extra steps to be able to listen, but it would be worth it for this arrangement.

5th listen right now...

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

A real Nick Drake Sound to the Guitar....!

Great Talent!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

This is pretty Cool!!  YOu got lots goin on in this!!

tom r

THanks for the comments. I originally recorded this at 128 and the sound quality is much better. I've given it another listen today and it doesn't sound anywhere near as nice as straight from my micro, oh well. Nick Drake??? i wish :-).
Mark it is possible to trim in the unit but to be honest i'm not great at the technical stuff and the Audacity program is so simple, or was!
Thanks again you are all very kind

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

tom r

I have just been told how to change the bit ratein Audacity so i'm going to give my ears a rest record something else and come back to this one and remix it, chop out the noise at the start and repost

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Diego Ayala

Quote from: tom r on July 25, 2009, 03:17:01 PMThis is something i knocked together last night> had to record to MP3 at low quality unfortunately due to file size!! I tried to trim it in audacity to take some noise at the beginning but it kept upping the bit rate from 64 to 128 havn't aclue why any solutions? hope the sound quality isn't too bad?

Tom

I realy like your arrangement -  love the guitar sound and changes/progression.  Your voice goes quite well with the overall sound - I saw your post and ? on using Audacity to change the bit rate - I looked @ the version I have and see that need to load the new one because mine does not alow me to change the bit rate - @ least not as explained in your post!  I have gotten pretty bad (and lazy) about learning more about my br unit = just dump it in Audacity and hope for the best... Have a song that is almost 8 minutes long -yikes!  and need to change bit rate to fit it w/in the 5 megs...  Going to first read up the br900 manual and see if can do it there.  Good song!