It's A New Day

Started by Nick*, July 24, 2009, 10:02:56 AM

Nick*

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Older song I re-recorded.  I've been struggling to get a decent sound out of my acoustic guitar.  I think this is better than many previous attempts.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=846258&songID=7869683

Thanks,
Nick

launched

I like this one, Nick - Kind of a Nirvana acoustic days feel. The production value is fantastic. Soundclick posts kind of bum me out but I have happily clicked through a few times for this one. You would get more listeners here without that barrier (Unless you don't want it :D)

Top notch, Nick - you made a great tune here!!!

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

I'm going to agree completely with Launched. I'm glad I chased the link. Great song.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

I'm also with Mark, on just about everything he said (he's not half bad that Mark ;) )

I think you've got that acoustic sound nailed.

great song
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

This is excellent on many levels. The recording is great, you nailed the acoustic sound and got great stereo separation, you really feel like you are "in" the mix. The vocals are excellent as well, great expressive voice and very well recorded to pick up all the nuances of expression. My only minor comment is that the guitar solo in the middle sounds a little trebly and thin, if you could thicken that it would help make it stand out a bit. But only a minor point, this is an execllent song and well recorded.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Real nice sound to the acoustic.  This is a great song, it really reminds me of a Canadian guy we have up here called Hayden, something about your vocals, really great stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayden_(musician)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Frank53

Well written song, and terrific performance, Nick! I think you've succeeded getting a great acoustic sound. Nice and rich, and just enough difference between the two acoustics. Interesting effects that keep your interest as well. Excellent work!

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

Very cool - tune  -  well sung & played - i like it !!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)