Vocals needed - "As Long As You Follow" (Fleetwood Mac cover)

Started by 64Guitars, July 24, 2009, 01:00:54 AM

64Guitars

As Long As You Follow (vocals needed)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I recorded this in January 2004 on my BR-864, less than two months after I got it. I can't sing to save my life, so I did it as an instrumental. But I've always hoped that I could get someone to do the vocals for it.

The original was by Fleetwood Mac on their 1988 Greatest Hits album. You can see their music video here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10mfr_fleetwood-mac-as-long-as-you-follow_music

As you can see, it was originally sung by a woman (Christine McVie). But there have been many songs, originally sung by females, which were covered by male singers (and vice-versa). So, really, anyone could do the vocals for this.

It ends abruptly and sloppily because I expected to fade the ending after vocals were added.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Here are the lyrics:

As Long As You Follow - Fleetwood Mac

I've been searchin' for a pot of gold
Like the kind you find at the end of the rainbow
I've been dreamin', thought it was in vain
Ah, but now you're here
Can't believe that you're back again

Now I know I can't lose, as long as you follow
    I'm gonna win, I'm gonna beg, steal or borrow
    As long as you follow

I've been wandering, gone away too far
But the road was rough to get back where you are
And the sun went down, never seemed to rise
Ah, but now you're here
With the light shining in your eyes

Yes, I can live today, if you give me tomorrow
    As long as you follow

----- Lead Guitar Break -----

Yes, I can live today, if you give me tomorrow
    As long as you follow

As long as you follow
As long as you follow
As long as you follow
As long as you follow
As long as you follow

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley

FOLLOW02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is what I mean by to high.  I love the song!! See what you think!! Maybe I can fake it somehow. lOL

Flash Harry

PJ, It's way past my bedtime, but this was worth staying up for.

You sound like anything but a blue Smurf.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

launched

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 24, 2009, 01:00:54 AMIt ends abruptly and sloppily because I expected to fade the ending after vocals were added.

I didn't see this portion of your post - I was dreaming through this song and then all of a sudden I felt like a grand piano being pushed through a 10th story window  :o

64, a great backing arrangement to start with - really good!! Love the clean rhythm - something I have a tough time with.

PJ - Loved the vocals, don't delete this one  ;)

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

One step lower and it would be great.  I am really stretching.  Maybe if i  had an arm a mile long so I could belt it. LOL  My Falsetto sucks. LOL  And you can hear it also.

Wiley

I mainly put this up so 64 would know that I really did give a good shot. Thanks anyway.

64Guitars

Thanks PJ. It sounds good but I can hear the parts where you're struggling to make the notes. I'm not a singer at all, so I'm not the best person to give advice. Hopefully, some of the singers here will have some constructive ideas for you. Would it help to back off from the mic on the tricky parts so that you could belt it out without restraint?

One idea we could experiment with is lowering the overall pitch of the music in Audacity. I suspect that this will make the music sound pretty bad. However, it might be good enough for you to sing along with in a slightly lower key. Then, you could send me your vocal track and I could raise the pitch by the same amount so that it matches the original music. With any luck, the vocals might not be adversely affected by the pitch shift as much as the music would. But I don't really know until we try it. I'll see if I can do that tonight or tomorrow and send you the pitch-shifted track via email.

Thanks for trying. I think your voice is a good fit for this song, if we can just solve the pitch problem somehow.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley

I am game for any thing.  You are much more computer savy than I am.  I struggle sometimes.  Thats why I posted it so you could hear what I have been trying to say.  I don't think it would take a lot,  just a tad out of my reach for comfort. LOL