64 guitars

Started by wiley, July 23, 2009, 07:29:20 PM

Wiley

Ok guy here it goes.!!!  I remember when I first joined this site.  64 actuallly wanted to do a  colllabe with  me.  I was very impressed and still am!!. Being new to the BR and the website I was totally wowed.  The track he sent me was absolutely superb.  I only wish I could have sang it.   But being the fickel singers that we are??? A lot of guitar players don't realize it is  as much about the key you need to sing in as play in. They just assume that you can sing so here is where we do it.  I couldnt  do it in his key. I want you all to know I would have given anything to be able to sing it for  him.  His rendition is just beautiful. AND 64 you have guided me in so many ways..   I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU!!!  AND I hope someday in the future maybe we can still get together on something.
Thank you
for investing your time on me!!
P.J.

OsCKilO

That takes alot of resolve P.J!

Kudos!

You Have My respect!

Am Dying to hear this Track Though......

There isn't much that is out of your range!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

Oh it was way out.  And I wish I could have done it!!  64 is just so quiet in the background and he can just kick ass on his guitar and productions.

OsCKilO

Was it a Cover or one that you guys were doing yourselves...?

Intrigue has set in now....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

It is a cover, but that is all I am going  to say.  I just wanted to thank him  for taking the time with me when I was new.!!!

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

64 just dosen't get the credit he deserves.  He is so busy taking care of our website along with the admin.  that he doesn't have to much time  to have fun.!!  At least that is my thinking. AGAIN THANKYOU!!! 64

OsCKilO

The Guy is a cool as F**K!

The All seeing Eye must have some fun somewhere along the line!

Look at all the pictures of boobs he has posted everywhere on the site!
(Have to Blame some one...... That Virtual Brown acid was a bad one....Greeny!)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Thanks, Wiley. I'd forgotten about that song.

Quote from: wiley on July 23, 2009, 07:29:20 PMAND I hope someday in the future maybe we can still get together on something.

Well, we sort of did collaborate on "Dream River". Remember? You and Ronniejm did a great job on that and I added a keyboard solo and remixed it. Unfortunately, the MP3 hasn't been accessible since the site reorganisation back on April 5th. I'll re-post the song in a new topic. Meanwhile, anyone who's interested can download it here:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/Songs/Dream River - remix 3 - Mar-8-2009.mp3

Osckilo: The song that Wiley's talking about is "As Long As You Follow" from Fleetwood Mac's 1988 Greatest Hits album. The YouTube video is gone (Warner Music had it pulled) but you can see it here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10mfr_fleetwood-mac-as-long-as-you-follow_music

Maybe I'll post my cover of it in Collaborations and see if anyone else wants to give the vocals a try. The original was sung by a woman (Christine McVie), which is why I had thought that it might have been a good one for Wiley to sing. But there have been many songs, originally sung by females, which were covered by male singers (and vice-versa). So, really, anyone could do the vocals if they're interested.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SharksDontSleep

Bloody hell 64, you got me worried there.
Until you replied to this thread, I was beginning to think that Wiley had just written an epitaph and you'd just joined that great band in the sky!!

Phew ... ;)