Song Idea, any comments or feedback appreciated...

Started by Davo, July 23, 2009, 02:52:48 PM

Davo

Potential song, ripped off older grove that had tremolo
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This was the result of me just flipping through the MBR's presets.  I cant think of what would work lyrically though.  Maybe I should do a collaboration.
What syle of music does this evoke?  Id be interested in your initial impressions.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tony W

Definitely a Rolling Stones Vibe. Get Off My Cloud was the first thing that popped into my head. Keep going with it, I can't wait to see what it turns into.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Wicked cool Davo!

Love it!

I'm not too up to speed with music......So can't compare...
A real Old-school sound though..... Like you are using one of those old amps that take skill to play as the sound stops if you dont keep playing (not sure what this is called)....

Blinding sound though!

I love that style you got there...

Are you mostly fingerpicking?

The chord progression is Great!

collab you say? I have a weakness for them....

Peace Bro!

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Like this clip - It does have a slight Brit Rock feel, but at times I feel some late 80's early nineties alt rock. The drum patterns you choose will determine a lot!

You should put something stretched out more /w drums in collabs no doubt. I see you have a BR Vampire already winkin' at ya  ;) I wouldn't even mind bleating to something like this.

Good work, Davo!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

We were after a collab Mark.........

Hmmmmm.....?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Davo

You guys are making me a bit anxious, but Im down.

Never done a collaboration.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Greeny

Great tones - these are very good, retro guitar sounds, and I like the feel and vibe of the chords. Right up my street. This is definitely worthy of a collaboration. Did you play along with a metronome? I recommend working the BR rhythm programming out, as it would tighten up the timing a bit.

I'd help you out, but I'm stacked with new stuff at the moment. If you put this on collabs, you'll get all sorts of help and offers from some very talented people.

Ferryman

Hmmm, no idea what style of music it evokes. Your style I guess! The sound is quite retro but there's a swing to this that makes it a bit diferent to a classic 60's rock song. But it's definitely got potential.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

upsetminded

Really feels like a 60's Brit Rock, like Mark said.  But, also very original too.  I also think if you played with some different beats and sped up the guitar you could also have a real cool surf tune.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor