indian summer by jemima's kite re mixed

Started by Oldrottenhead, July 23, 2009, 06:06:33 AM

Flash Harry

Ok ok, I'll leave it but I can hear the bum notes and the sh*te timing and the aimless wandering.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bosko Schwartz

It pays to be as anal as Bosko Schwartz.  Wow, that sounded weird.  :P  But I think this re-mix is AWESOME.  Obsessing can be OK once in a while!  Everything is more balanced and the mix is really full and lush!  Just an awesome song, as I mentioned before.  The only thing I would change is the (incredibly beautiful and melodic) bass seems to be panned right, and I like it dead center.  Could be a tad louder too.  But that's just me.

Well done once again!!! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Flash Harry

Bugger yah Bosco. What'da you know eh?

(see I told you I should re-do the bass) 
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

ah cannea pan it dead centre then ye widnea hear ma dulcet tones
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

I don't think a bass redo is in order, but I am in agreement with others that it should be raised some and centered more (Sorry Jim - I think it would be ok to do this). I was getting a hollow feel in one ear after a kazillion listens - It was in my mp3 player all day. I also agree that some rhythm parts could be dropped just a dite, but not too much.

Well, I'm done being a critic for the evening (Especially when the subject talent shadows over anything I've done)

You guys are the C,S and B!!! Love this tune!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Flash Harry

- Kurt Vonnegut.

Wiley

I don't know about redoing the bass.  I am having a hard time even hearing it in the mix!!  Bass is a driving factor in a lot of songs.  But what I have heard is great!!

Bluesberry

Lets hear that bass!!!  Great song, I am in awe and can't really take it in properly, but I would love to hear that wonderful rambling bass.  There is nothing wrong with a roaming bass line if played as well as this is.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

its that boscko schwartz's fault. a used tae dae ma mixes in five minutes in the bog, noo it takes forever and ever                                                                and ever
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 25, 2009, 03:13:34 AMits that boscko schwartz's fault. a used tae dae ma mixes in five minutes in the bog, noo it takes forever and ever                                                                and ever

I've created a monster ...

www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels