Slide, Harp and Stomp Box

Started by I.am, July 22, 2009, 07:18:55 PM

I.am

These are two young guys from where I'm from(Perth, Australia).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeXRoWF7v40

Migs

I will watch that when I get home ... but more importantly, what is it with the weather in Perth at the moment.  I flew in for work on sunday night and it was hailing then the next day the Terrace was wite with hail.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Davo

Wow man.  It sounds great!

A few nights back, I heard a dobro, and slide player.  Its so old, and still so powerful!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Diego Ayala

Excellent post!  Love this sound, and their sence of music is quite catching - had me stomping my foot wanting to pick up my guitar and/or bass to jump in!  Thanks for sharing some of the Australian music scene...

The Reverend 48

These guys are really great excellent !

I.am

Glad it struck a chord(yes, bad pun) with some of you! Migs - I'm hearing you bro. It seems like it has been raining for 40 days and 40 nights here! All good though as I love my winters, its my favourite season - for those not familiar with Australian weather, winter here is quite mild. It rarely gets below zero for example. Anyway, I digress...If you want to hear more music from here(Perth), check out the page the above video is located on. Lots of slide, rootsy, bluesy, fingerpickery stuff. All original material.

upsetminded

It's funny...This is off topic from the music you posted but here in Toronto the only venue that will let me play (and seem happy to have me) is the Tranzac...Which is The Toronto Australia New Zealand Club.  I'm neither Aussie or Kiwi, but they are very nice to me and are licensed to serve booze which helps people tolerate my shows.  So Australia thank you for your support!
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor