Your first 45rpm single?

Started by hooper, July 22, 2009, 11:06:43 AM

Ted

Quote from: assassin on July 25, 2009, 04:06:08 AMelvis costello---radio radio.

Your first 45 single?  Really?  That is too awesome!

Were you already an album buyer at that point, or did you start with 45's and then move up to albums?

I think This Year's Model was one of the first five albums I bought with my own money--but only after several years of buying top-40 singles.

If you bought Radio Radio at the same phase of life when I was buying Love Will Keep Us Together, you are way too cool by now for me to even know you.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

assassin

yeah Hi Ted.

No when I was about 14 I only brought 45s.

But Radio Radio was my first single----- about six months ago i was lucky
enough to have the drummer who played with ELVIS COSTELLO &
ATTRACTIONS  -- he played a few song on the Armed Forces LP.
and he played stand in for our drummer . during a gig.

thats cool !
                                    ASSASSIN.

64Guitars

Quote from: SteveB on July 26, 2009, 01:39:25 AMSummer Breeze was written and performed (superbly, as always) by The Isley Brothers.

I think it was written and first recorded by Seals & Crofts, then covered by The Isley Brothers a year later. At least, that's what Wikipedia says.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

guitarron

Quote from: Ted on July 23, 2009, 12:17:38 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 23, 2009, 03:49:12 AMmy first record was you where made for me by freddy and the dreamers about 1964 or 1965 i think

QuoteI'd love to see an oldrottenhead video of this - complete with the dance.   Cheesy

Please?
QuotePretty please?
no way jose. tho i can do the dance, can remember when top of the pops was on at my grans house my aunts would move the furniture to one side of the room so they could dance to whatever was on, i recall doing the dance on many such occasions.

ORH doth protest too much.

Have you ever noticed how you never see Freddie Garrity and ORH in the same place at the same time?  Hmmm?  Have you?

lmao-you know orh by the cupbourds-lol

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 26, 2009, 09:28:43 AM
Quote from: SteveB on July 26, 2009, 01:39:25 AMSummer Breeze was written and performed (superbly, as always) by The Isley Brothers.

I think it was written and first recorded by Seals & Crofts, then covered by The Isley Brothers a year later. At least, that's what Wikipedia says.

64Gs -Ooops. I stand corrected again.  :-[

Y'do realise I'm slotting in these small discrepancies just to keep you on your Moderator's toes!!  :)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

henwrench

I be bumping this 'cos of a spider .....

y'owm all know by now....

'O Superman' by Laurie Anderson.....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9C3tZwDpx4

you have all to see the great & tragic movie about Joe Meek who produced this song at his london appartment. the "stamping bass drum sound" comes from the guys who stamped up the stairs which was prepared with microphones! the movie is called telstar, the story of Joe meek
Meek used his apartment at 304 Holloway Road, Islington, as a recording studio. Three UK No. 1 hits were produced there: "Johnny Remember Me" by John Leyton, "Telstar" by The Tornados and "Have I the Right?".[

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

lg

Summertime Blues by the Blue Cheer 1968...

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Farrell Jackson

Oh man I love this topic. Thanks for bumping this one! It has to be Psychotic Reaction for me........although Summer Times Blues by the Blue Cheer is a  very close second or Partridge Farm.....those were the days my friends!

Farrello
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

pjd1

Jeepster by Marc Bolan !! before that Abbey road but thats a 33 rpm !! got them somewhere in the house ..

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8