Your first 45rpm single?

Started by hooper, July 22, 2009, 11:06:43 AM

Ted

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 22, 2009, 11:23:35 AMmy first record was you where made for me by freddy and the dreamers about 1964 or 1965 i think

OMG, ORH.  How much would you have to pay one of today's hypermasculine Metal or Rap performers to dance like that?

(Probably less than you'd think.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 22, 2009, 11:23:35 AMmy first record was you where made for me by freddy and the dreamers about 1964 or 1965 i think

I'd love to see an oldrottenhead video of this - complete with the dance.   :D

Please?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 22, 2009, 02:54:36 PM

I'd love to see an oldrottenhead video of this - complete with the dance.   :D

Please?

Pretty please?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Wiley

I think mine was the song Ventura Highway. Can't even remember who did it.  No I think it was Summer Breeze. Can't remember who did that either. lOL

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Ferryman

Who wears short shorts? YOU wear short shorts!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I had my mum and dad's Beatles / Stones / Who / Cream / Beach Boys records to listen to on a little Dansette record player, so I didn't feel the need (or have the money) to buy my own 45's. The first one I did buy wasn't actually for me - it was 'Mary's Boy Child' by Johnny Mathis for a girl one Christmas. I must have been about 7 at the time. She bought me a torch.

The first music I actually bought myself - for myself - was on Cassette: 'Dare' by The Human League.

I loved the way you could stack singles on those old Dansettes. Happy days!

Ferryman

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OpbffzDN48

My second one, and first serious music single, was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F94vHO7okZQ

A great example of how NOT to do a music video. But fun if you like spotting 1960s English vehicles.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteWho wears short shorts? YOU wear short shorts!!!!!
another great freddy song lol.
QuoteQuote from: oldrottenhead on July 22, 2009, 10:23:35 AM
my first record was you where made for me by freddy and the dreamers about 1964 or 1965 i think

I'd love to see an oldrottenhead video of this - complete with the dance.   Cheesy

Please?

Pretty please?
no way jose. tho i can do the dance, can remember when top of the pops was on at my grans house my aunts would move the furniture to one side of the room so they could dance to whatever was on, i recall doing the dance on many such occasions.
QuoteFreddie looks alot like Buddy Holly, was that intentional?
maybe he was an avant garde artist doing his post modernist thing or........naw he was copying buddy's look and  writing silly pop songs......................but there is something surreal about that dance
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

Quote from: wiley on July 22, 2009, 06:58:36 PMI think mine was the song Ventura Highway. Can't even remember who did it.  No I think it was Summer Breeze. Can't remember who did that either. lOL
Loggins and Messina-summer Breeze was a favorite of mine at the time too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder