Redler

This is a difficult issue, but I try...

Clash - Clash
Jam - Setting Sons
Frank Bennett - Cash Landing
Ramones - Ramones
Jonathan Richman - Back In Your Life

Explanations:

Clash: A friend of mine bought their debut album. I had heard the single version of White Riot on the radio and I thought wtf is this!! Then, we listened the clash debut time after time and finally I purchased the album...so many memories...I can't mention any weak song in this album...

Jam: I don't remember what was my first touch of this band. A friend of mine (not the "clash friend") recorded "In the City" on cassette to me and I liked it! Later on when Setting Sons was released, I was hooked on it immideately. Saturdays Kids is one of the cachiest brit pop songs ever...imo.

Frank Bennett: He turned pop songs to the "crooner mode" much earlier than Richard Cheese (I like RC, too). What a pity that he recorded only two albums (in the 90's). Fab covers of Smashing Pumpkins, Madonna etc...
I'm sure that without this, Paul Anka wouldn't have done his "crooner style" covers of Nirvana or Soundgarden...

Ramones: I read a Finnish music magazine where the band was praised. So, I took my bike and biked to the town (30 kms) and purchased the album. The cover was cool!!! I wondered how they make so excellent tunes out of three chords!

Jonathan Richman: Egyptian Reggae was the first one I heard from Jonathan, but this very "warm" and nice album touched me! Beautiful and simple.

After all, it was difficult to choose the best ones. A bit punk/new wave albums, but if this would be the best 20 albums, so it'll would be much more versatile!

And I put here only "foreigner" albums. I didn't mentioned any Finn albums, because the most of you don't know about them :) .

Kari

ps. Lately, I haven't been on commenting mode, just lurking behind, but I'll be back...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

godinqc

Uhmm.. let me see .. this is actually pretty hard , there are so many 

1) Babe Ruth - First Base .. I had this one on an 8 track (this is how old I am) + album
2) Rush - Farewell to Kings
3) Pink Floyd - Welcome to the machine
4) Satriani - Surfing with an alien
5) Boston - Boston
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Okay - been thinking about this today - choosen albums that mean something to me, rather than the ones which are technically the best, or greatest playing, or great song writting - so my selection is

1. Asia - Asia, brings me back to the early 80's, still love listening to this - always puts a smile on my face
2. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here. Started senior school (year 7 now, aged 11). English teacher said bring a record that you like for discussion - I brought this!
3. Magnum - On a Story Teller Night. I loved this band with a passion, from the early days. Saw them many time in the Marquee in London. The almost broke up with record company issues/legal crap - and then they produced this album, they never quite reach this dizzy height again.
4. Diamond Head - Canterbury. An amazing place, and amazing album. Always sounds like its going to collaspe in a heap - but what songwriting! Great in concert as well.
5. Rush - Hemispheres, I met my wife through discussing this album in a record shop. I still remember buying this and rushing home to put the LP on, I was not disappointed.

A couple more to consider
6. Focus - Moving Waves. Loved this album - some brilliant guitar playing from the crazy dutch :-)
7. Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath. Songs my mum knows by heart - brilliant first album.

Not easy to whittle these down!

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

dasilvasings

THIS THREADS ARE REALLY IRRITATING!

We know they are stupid, and there's more important things to do... yet it stays in your head, mining every second of your well deserved rest... until....

OK, today:

1. Keith Jarrett -Koln Concert. Can't gettired.
2. Local José Cid "Onde, como quando porquê cantamos canções de pessoas vivas". Warning 30mn long prog rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-d5fDJgerA
3. Stone Roses - Stone Roses. Because it's a great album!
4. Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega. I still love all her songs!
5. errrr... pressure.... the fable of the reconstruction of the lamb that lies down on the meddle of the dark side of the moon with  Jackie Brown and suicidal's virgins OSTs... errrr.... too much pressure.... auto destruct NOW
recorder
Boss Micro BR

slyswell

in no particular order :

the stone roses- the stone roses
the zombies - odessey and oracle
iron maiden - the number of the beast
michael jackson - thriller
pixies - doolittle

It would be easier to make a top 15 for me. I ignored beatles albums. I could make a top 5 only with them.

Bobtail

Bewdy !
I like making music lists,no particular order.
If its a top 5 album I reckon every song on it has to be good !!!!

1. Back in Black -AC/DC
2. Master of Reality - Black Sabbath
3. Sunnyboys - S/T   (Australia)
4. Are you Experienced - Jimi
5. Reign  in Blood - Slayer   (Not to be played while driving a car) 

Cheers

Blooby

Greeny

Quote from: Nick / odh on February 24, 2012, 03:57:35 AMJapan   Tin Drum

Right with you on that one. Some days I'd go for Quiet Life, and on others, Gentlemen Take Polaroids. But Tin Drum on the majority of days, lol. The main thing is that I still love Japan as much as I did first time around.

ODH

Quote from: Greeny on March 01, 2012, 05:37:50 AM
Quote from: Nick / odh on February 24, 2012, 03:57:35 AMJapan   Tin Drum

Right with you on that one. Some days I'd go for Quiet Life, and on others, Gentlemen Take Polaroids. But Tin Drum on the majority of days, lol. The main thing is that I still love Japan as much as I did first time around.

Timeless.  Nowadays (and for a long time) I Swing more towards Gentlemen Take Polaroids.  Geddit?  Swing? 
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Blooby

I have been asked on behalf of John (the singer on my posts) to relate his top five albums of all time (with links).

1) Cybergasm: Erotica in 3D Sound
2) This is Mullet Rock
3) Golden Throats II: More Celebrity Rock Oddities
4) 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong
5) Greatest Hits of Rod McKuen

He was itching to get this information out to you.  Too bad he isn't registered as he would have been able to do this himself.

Blooby