THE BEGINNING OF AN ENDING

Started by jackofall, July 22, 2009, 03:56:19 AM

jackofall

The beginning of an ending
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one's a bit different...
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Greeny

Is this an original? It's a very tidy, interesting piece of songwriting. Lots of lovely, multi-talented things going on. It stopped suddenly though - not sure if that's the player going wrong. There's a Syd Barrett feel to the vocals for me (are you TomR in disguise?! Lol). It is different to what you normally do, but in a very good way!

jackofall

Hi Greeny. Many thanks. This was another experiment in writing a song just using the chords from C Major! The recording quality is not great. I always seem to get distortion when bouncing. I'd love to have 8 tracks with no hassle....
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Greeny

The quality on this doesn't sound that bad to me. There will always be a little bit of degradation on the sound when bouncing etc. We started trying to mix the individual parts in Audacity / Cubase on Jemima's Kite songs to overcome this, but since we've started mastering in 192kbps, there doesn't seem to be so much of an issue.

It's a very good song you have here - another demonstration of your considerable talents.

Oldrottenhead

this is great jackofall, its like syd barret singing the words of leonard cohen, bloody great lyrics.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: jackofall on July 22, 2009, 04:20:35 AMI always seem to get distortion when bouncing.

Are you forgetting to set the MasterLevel when bouncing? It's your recording level control. If it's set too high, you'll get clipping distortion. You need to set the MasterLevel according to the L/R level meter in the display. The same applies to Mastering mode.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

I'm diggin' this one - unique, catchy - all of that!! I get some Barrett feel too, and the synth sounds like something from Zep's In Through the Out Door. Great guitar work.

Excellent!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Facemask93

This is excellent JF , really different mate , could listen to more of the same

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Wiley

I am just amazed!! I really like this.  You have a lot going on!!  Great song We've missed you!!