In My Head (Original)

Started by launched, July 19, 2009, 03:44:56 PM

launched

Finally able to respond to the comments - Thanks for listening to my strange song!

Quote from: Davo on July 19, 2009, 11:40:51 PMI dig it, cool energy to it.  It reminds me a bit of Orgy,  Then Beastie Boys, then I dunno what.

Thanks Davo - I was thinking "Beastie Boys??", and then I thought "Alibaba and the 40 thieves"  :D

g1ngerjack - Thanks, my man!! I'll have to find out what a Thunderbirds doll is. :D

Greeny - Thanks for listening - I love how you describe my stuff. This one strayed off the beaten path for me, but that's where the tune wanted to go...

Quote from: Pinedog on July 20, 2009, 05:31:29 AM...the way i figure it, if you are gonna sing, put them out front...on top of evrything else...where they can be heard. I know some folks are self conscious about that, and i know that "modern mixes" aren't real big on that...

....but there are no rules in music and that's what's so cool...

1. You are right, I can't help but be self conscious of my vocals. But honestly, Charlie, I have been trying to bring them up in the mix. My vocals get muddy and if I bring them up too much they start flapping the speakers something awful. Sometimes I get lucky and they punch through pretty good (I thought my chorus worked ok) - something I need to work on for the next project.

2. I'm glad you agree that there are no rules in music - And Tom Petty stated in court that "There are no guarantees in rock 'n roll!" That's what makes it all interesting! :)

Quote from: SteveB on July 20, 2009, 06:01:52 AM...immaculate-slice of urban angst...  It seems to encapsulate the brooding melancholy of modern life, and done with an intensity that begs response from the listener...

Steve, you must be an editor or writer - one or the other :D I soaked it up, though!! Thanks for your positive take. As far as copywriting, boy, that's the other side of the world, ain't it?

Thanks again everybody - means a lot!

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Facemask93

Hey Mark , i played this song to my mates at work and they freaked out man , right down to my youngest son who's (15) thinks it's the dogs back wheels , your a superstar mate , and rightly so-------------by the way ,is it true you were at Woodstock

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

launched

Just when I had received the best comments, I get this one. Thanks a whole bunch!!

As far as Woodstock, I'm going to disappoint, sadly - I was only a couple months old during the original. The gathering I went to was the '94 25th Anniversary Woodstock reunion - The first one of its kind. It was a pretty big deal at the time, though.. I saw a lot of bands, old and new and had a great time. Sorry to create a misunderstanding of that...

Oh, a little tidbit - I almost did make it as a baby(What were my parents thinking??). My folks had to turn around on the way down for some reason - Will have to get the whole story next time I see them.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

Wow Mark - flippin cool song!!!  So many cool levels here muscially and lyrically!!  Wow!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Flash Harry

Bloody hell Mark, I nearly missed this one. Powerful and driving stuff indeed. I love the bass and guitar bottom end. It's added real weight and substance to an other fairly sparce sound scape and it just works wonderfully.
Great switch of feel and rhythm in the middle, it just whacks you in the side of the head.
Lyrics and vox are magic. I really think you've got a great track here. Fantastic.   
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

And The Award Goes to......

Yes Mark!

This is more than Worthy!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

(JAL)

SE

Quailty, Quailty,Quailty just terriffic, so impressed well done
recorder
Boss BR-80

Wiley

Well Mark at  least your folks turned around.  LOL I was born in a car on the way to the hospital.!!! They never forget to tell me as we drive by the place. LOL I was older than a few months.  But this is what makes classic music.   Go for it and live. LOL

Ferryman

Mark, been a while getting to this one but I'm savouring it. I love dark, spooky stuff and this is right on the edge. Great guitar sounds, very clever song construction (love the change in the middle) and the vox build a great feeling of depth (perhaps could be a tad higher in the mix in places). I love the sudden end as well, very dramatic. Drum programming is great, the mix of guitars, bass and drums is spot on, and the lyrics, well wow, just fantastic. Just so much to love about this one. A really, really good posting.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR