Take The Money and Run

Started by gingertilly18, July 19, 2009, 07:17:12 AM

gingertilly18

Take The Money and Run
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hi, just finished this song, would love some feedback!
thanks
michael  ;D

guitarron

nice build up -those are live drums right?
nice real fade ot-sounds good

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

gingertilly18

thanks  :D
the drums are electric but they sound like "real" drums and they plug straight into my BR so no need for mics!
i may use the build up but add a chorus section though i do like the idea of it being one big build up then fade out.
getting the hang of this little machine!

michael.

launched

You made a great song with a really cool flow to it. Like the drummin', too.

Super job!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Moody little peice, Great drumming, great jerky guitar solo.  This sounds like a Lou Reed song to my ears (vocals, guitar solo, pacing).  Very cool.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Facemask93

Great song my friend , good build up i agree , vox a little nervous but i like them a lot , with a little more control i personally think your voice could go from good to great , nice one buddy

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Ferryman

There's a good moody idea here with real potential. I think you have a choice to make, either add some musical variation (ie a chorus) or if you are going to keep it as a single chord sequence (ie a big build up and fade out), then you should consider adding more dynamics and interest with the instrumentation so that the listener is drawn in. The middle part works well, where the solo comes in (you build up nicely there) but the rest could do with a bit more variation IMO. I think the intro is a bit flat - two bars of just one guitar strumming the chord sequence doesn't grab your attention. If you had two guitars doing slightly different things, or a little simple lead in one channel before the vox start it would create more interest. Same at the end, I like your "real" fade out but it just needs a bit "more" than one guitar. 

I think the main issue is that there's not much going on in the stereo image, everything is very centred. Just double up some of your guitar work or try one of the stereo effects to give those solo guitars a bit more depth without changing the song. This will create more depth to the sound and IMO would let the idea develop. I like the drums, they sound great and whoever mentioned Lou Reed was right, there's a really good "edge" to your voice.

Hope you don't mind the perspective, it really is just my opinion. I think the core here is very powerful and has great potential.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarordinaire

I think the solo fit the song well.
It was nice of Neil Young to make a guest appearance on your track.
 ;)
"Whiskey bottles ... and brand new cars ... oak tree you're in my way"
http://guitarordinaire.com

Rickocaster

Really like the lyrics and the vibe. It was cool the way you built up to the "shout" section (an old jazzer term) with the guitar solo, but the solo was a little loud in comparison to the rest of the instruments. I never would have guessed those drums were not real. Very nice.
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

SteveG

I think this works well as is, just needs a second guitar track and the levels, panning and mastering sorted. Neil Young  .... yeah I hear that too.