Bubble

Started by Davo, July 18, 2009, 07:20:48 PM

Davo

Bubble
Time:
0:00
Volume:
One of my first songs.  It was recorded on an old tascam, badly.  No percussion either.  This is one of the first songs Ive ever "realeased", Id be interested in your impressions!

Davo.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SteveB

DVO - Mmm. Well, it has a certain moody cachet to it, and with a bit of work could probably be made to work better than it does now. You don't tell how it was recorded on your Tascam: 4-track? 8 track? Bounced-to-2-tracks etc? Could the vocal be removed from the original recording? If so, the instrumentaion tracks could be loaded/transferred into a BR-unit, re-levelled, and a new vocal added and mixed to a more equal level. These are the joys of the modern medium, breathing new life into what may have been considered 'tired' old tracks. I would keep the original recording as well, mainly for curio & posterities sake. You never know, an original recording of your's may be worth a fortune at some time in the future! :) So never throw anything away.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

launched

Pretty cool grunge feel to it - the playing and singing were really good. The mic placement and delivery just needed some adjustment. It sounds like it was recorded from a mic in the middle of the room for some of the parts. It would be nice to know how you did it. You could sing/play over the individual tracks and then mix in for something I think would come out well.

Drums change everything - I would suggest you blend some in to see what happens. You might be surprised.

I've been a direct drive guy since I have owned the MBR - Been thinking about doing some mic blend to open the sound up a little bit.

It's your song, and a good one - Have some more fun with it!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Davo

I probably should have mentioned this.  It was recorded with an SM58 pointing towards the middle of the room.  It was meant only to be a means of documentation.  I do plan to record it properly though.

Thanks  for the replys guys.  Can you recommend a good mic for these types or recordings, like practice with acoustics and even electrics.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

assassin

Hi , Well i take it that you have a BR so get a rythum track down
and record to that, that ll tighten the whole thing up.
Your on the right track and a br will get a better vocal sound.

Keep it up-- rock n roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FuzzFace

This may be too little too late, but this is a great song!

Saijinn Maas

Wonder what happened to ole Davo. Hasn't been here for way too long. :/

trev

Love the guitar parts on this

Trev