world smallest amp

Started by wiley, July 16, 2009, 06:45:24 PM

Wiley

Say I am sure some of you have seen this type of amp.  Believe it or not it is a practice amp and has a belt clip on it.  Between it and your BR you can go anywhere. I use mine a lot at the campground.  Not the greatest sound.  But still rather amazing for it's size. I run the guitar to the Br and the Br to the little fellow.  The best thing it runs on battery's also.  And it seems to last quit a while.  Just thought I would let you know in case you hadn't seen one. It's a Marshall in case you couldn't read it. LOL
P.J.

64Guitars

I have the MS-4, which is the double stack version of it.

I never use it. It's made of plastic, so it doesn't sound very good. I only bought it because it looked so cute (kind of like buying a plastic scale model of your favourite car). I should have bought one of these instead:

Click picture to visit the website

It has a wooden cabinet, overdrive switch, and 5" speaker. And I prefer HIWATT amps to Marshalls anyway. I have a HIWATT DR-504 (50 watts) with a 4x12 cabinet and I think it sounds great! I also have a Marshall MG50DFX which I'm not very happy with.

Lots of other companies make cute micro amps too.

More here: http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q=&cat2=&cat=2593&ob=p19&rl=&rh=&button=search%2Ffilter&form=search

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

I'm resisting the impulse purchase right now. Must.... Fight...... Urge.......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Migs

Quote from: Tony W on July 16, 2009, 08:37:42 PMI'm resisting the impulse purchase right now. Must.... Fight...... Urge.......

Resisting is futile.  You know it.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Greeny

I have one of those mini-Marshalls....

Quite incredibly, it came FREE with my subscription to Guitarist magazine! They sound pretty good, but they look incredible. A very nice display ornament!

guitarron

now all you need is are mini stomp boxes and a mini MBR

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

Go for it Tony W  They aren't very expensive. I think around 49 bucks or something like that. It's kind of fun.

Tony W

Wiley, you know we share the campground experience (see attached). I could see myself sitting at the fire pit all night long with that little thing attached to me.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Sprocket

I hate to steal your thunder...but Ive got you beat  ;)

When I picked the guitar back up 3 years ago, I took it to a campfire at a buddy's house, he was so impressed I was playing again that he gave me what hed had left of his attempt to play guitar...and he gave me this:

Its a Lil Smokey Amp...its smaller, but Id like to think yours sounds better than mine...I find mine to be a novelty and great in a pinch, but not an overly enjoyable tone.

hewhoiscalledj

Love the Lil Smokey... Here's a detailed instructable website that shows you how to build a similar rig with an Altoid tin can...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Altoids-Amp/

or this one: http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/musical-instruments/9c1b/?cpg=ab