Paul's Rooftop Concert on Letterman

Started by Bosko Schwartz, July 16, 2009, 10:15:17 AM

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Sprocket on July 17, 2009, 02:55:55 PMThank you for posting this, I was un-aware of this.
And it comes at a good time, as Ive always found Paul to be very soothing and positive.
This reminds me too much of when he left the Beatles...and it makes me wonder what this signifies to him, as if it must mean something.

I really connected with this, thanks for sharing!

Yes, Paul is good for the soul. :)

No problem!  Glad to share!  It was all over the news here in the states, but I wasn't sure if it made a splash across the pond.

I forgot to mention the significance of this "rooftop" concert.  The building, which houses the studio for The Late Show with David Letterman (a very popular -- and rightly so because it's quite good -- late night talk show), is the Ed Sullivan Theatre, obviously, the same building in which the Beatles made their US television debut on The Ed Sullivan Show, roughly 45 years ago.  It was also the first time Macca had appeared on Letterman (a show that has been on for over 20 years) and I believe the first time he had been back to that historic building.  He did a standard interview on the couch with Dave and then played the 25-minute show outside.  It aired later that night.  Good stuff! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Davo

Wow just watched the whole thing.  MAN!!!!!!!!!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

OsCKilO

I Knew the Guy who shut the roof top gig down in Savile Row...(Dont ask how....)

Never Heard it.... Don't know when it happened....

Didn't listen to the Beatles at the time so it was a throw away conversation....

He didn't take pleasure in it......

But it seems to have made them....

Six degree's of seperation!

When this guy retiered, Sir Paul sent a personal message to him and a signed photo!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy