Paul's Rooftop Concert on Letterman

Started by Bosko Schwartz, July 16, 2009, 10:15:17 AM

Bosko Schwartz

www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bro

Wow, thats when you know your successfull! when your performing on the david letterman sign! :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

The Reverend 48

Bosko Schwartz

PS: Just checked on a whim to see if Paul was touring anytime soon, and found out he added a final date in Dallas, TX, USA to his very short 10-gig summer tour.  So on a spur-of-the-moment decision, I just bought tickets for my wife and I for 400 bucks. :D  Quite a few rows back, but at least we're on the floor, as opposed to the nosebleed section.  ;D ;D ;D  Talk about an impulse buy! :o  It'll be worth every penny, too.  This will be the second time I get to see The Legend (a.k.a. God's Fraternal Twin Brother).  The first time was the greatest concert I have ever seen, and I'm not just saying that because I worship The Beatles -- it really was.  And it was the closest thing I would ever come to seeing them play in my lifetime.

Anyone wanna babysit a 3-year-old terror the night of August 19? ;D

SdC

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 16, 2009, 11:23:22 AM....
sure, $5 an hour+travel expense  8)

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: SdC on July 16, 2009, 02:37:06 PM
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 16, 2009, 11:23:22 AM....
sure, $5 an hour+travel expense  8)

I will send you an inflatable raft. ;D

Greeny

Thanks for posting that.... awesome stuff. He was in bloody good form and looked like he was enjoying that. You lucky fella going to see him soon!!!! Forget the money - how many more chances will you realistically get to see him before he quits touring? This may be the last chance!

I saw him a long time ago - 1988 or 1989. He puts on a damn good show. Live and Let Die gets me every time!

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Greeny on July 17, 2009, 02:46:51 AMThanks for posting that.... awesome stuff. He was in bloody good form and looked like he was enjoying that. You lucky fella going to see him soon!!!! Forget the money - how many more chances will you realistically get to see him before he quits touring? This may be the last chance!

I saw him a long time ago - 1988 or 1989. He puts on a damn good show. Live and Let Die gets me every time!

Agreed.  Like I said, worth every single penny.  We saw him in 2001, I believe.  It's unheard of that he is 65-or-so years old and still sounds as good as ever.  But you're right, how much longer will he be doing it?  This could be the last chance ... which is why I went for it! ;D ;D ;D

Sprocket

Thank you for posting this, I was un-aware of this.
And it comes at a good time, as Ive always found Paul to be very soothing and positive.
This reminds me too much of when he left the Beatles...and it makes me wonder what this signifies to him, as if it must mean something.

I really connected with this, thanks for sharing!