Hippie at Heart

Started by Pine, July 15, 2009, 09:27:38 AM

launched

Hey, Charlie - I haven't listened to the song yet because I want to digest what happened here. Then I will be ready to enjoy and comment.

While it is perfectly acceptable to comment on one's own song and how it was developed, it is not right for a listener to compare their personal world with yours.

I'm not defending you, but just telling you how I feel.

Anywho, I'm excited to crack into your song now....

God bless you, my friend.

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

Yes - I love it!! I feel the vibe regarding how it would feel to just strike out somewhere and live...

It definitely fits the Woodstock theme!!!

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Pine

Hi Mark....Thanks for listening. As i said, i wrote it in like 76 or something and the instrumentation in this recording is a bit out of sync with the lyrical content. It was originally intended to be a guitar by the campfire song...and after reading all the responses, i think i will take it back to a purely acoustic realm. Thanks for your support on all my songs Mark.
  oh...and i gotta say...love that old truck in your avatar. Looks like a very early 60's econoline model..is it? I had a 66 Ford Econoline van that i spent a whole summer rambling across Canada in during the summer of '72 looking for my "dream land". Curtains, carpet, flowers...what a time. Hippies everywhere! These days, they'd have ya surrounded by a SWAT team...
recorder
Boss BR-1200

launched

Quote from: Pinedog on July 16, 2009, 05:19:07 AMLooks like a very early 60's econoline model..is it? I had a 66 Ford Econoline van that i spent a whole summer rambling across Canada in during the summer of '72 looking for my "dream land". Curtains, carpet, flowers...what a time. Hippies everywhere! These days, they'd have ya surrounded by a SWAT team...

It's actually a '66 Dodge A100 pickup. I had the van version for a little while, but life/responsibility forced me to sell. A buddy of mine has the model pictured - It's not the actual vehicle as I don't have any pics, but I love the truck and think it's cool. You can just barely fit a Harley in the back, so that's even cooler!

I have always wanted to tour the country in a van - I'm not much of a hippie (Or maybe a short haired computer geek hippie  :D) so I probably wouldn't fit in, but I'm gonna do it someday. If not a van it will be a motorcycle trek.

An acoustic only version of this song would be great - bring it on!!

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

Wow Pinedog I almost missed this one.  But not thanks to 64's Jukebox! Caught up with it.  I really enjoyed this and all the good reading along the way.  Peace to you too!
P.J.

Pine

Thanks Wiley...kind of you to say so. The overwhelmng majority of folks here seem to like the song but point out the need for some musical surgery and i wholeheartedly agree. I never go back to a song (this one is out on my first CD and has been sold all over creation) but in this case i well may....with intention of an all acoustic version now that i can play the banjo a bit.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

Great song, I love the lyrics.  I was born in 1965, so I was just a little kid when the whole hippy thing happened.  But during high school (late 70s/early 80s) there was a whole scene in our neck of the woods where we thought we all were hippies, well, mixed up with Neil Young and the grunge scene.  I wanted desperately to go off to the land at that time.  Many things and years have passed since those days, and here I am today, middle aged, middle class, middle management, but no mid-life crisis because I discovered the sheer joy of playing and home-recording music 3 years ago, that saved me for sure.  I think this song would sound wonderful re-done with all acoustic instruments, it is a good song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

Hey I'm just a hippie at heart also, so I know exactly what you mean!
Nice song, great style and loved the lyrics....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Davo

Sounds nice!  I can hear a banjo solo too.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

guitarron

Quote from: Davo on July 18, 2009, 07:39:22 PMSounds nice!  I can hear a banjo solo too.
good job PD-in the spirit of Woodstock

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder