Hottest 100 songs of all time.

Started by Migs, July 12, 2009, 04:45:15 PM

Migs

Ok, last week I posted an article about the Crappest songs of all time.

Today it is the Hottest 100 songs - voted not by tryhard journalists but by the people - over 500,000 votes submitted.  Nirvana coming up trumps was a bit predictable.  Bit surprised that Rage Against the Machine was # 2 - but a good choice.  All in all a very good weekend of radio listening.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100_alltime/countdown/cd_01.htm

You can even stream them and have a listen.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Tony W

I spent roughly 3 hours going through that list, and reading about some of those songs. Thanks for the post.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

some of the songs in this should be on the other list lol. just goes to show music is all a matter of personal taste.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

I find it amusing how these lists change depending who hosts them. Lot of good stuff in there, lot that will not be in this list voted by the same people next year....

Bosko Schwartz

:o >:( :o >:( :o >:( :o >:( :o ??? >:( :o >:( :o >:( :o >:( :o >:(

OK, I like a lot of these songs.  I even LOVE a lot of these songs.

That said, this is the dumbest list I've ever seen.  How can anyone even try to compile a list of the 100 "hottest" songs of all time?  And what is the definition of "hot?"  Are they trying to say these are literally the 100 greatest songs -- from any genre -- of all time???  I am a HUGE Nirvana fan, but to put "Smells Like Teen Spirit" at #1 is retarded.  It's beyond retarded, it's retardiculous.  It's not even close to being Nirvana's best song, let alone the best song ever made.

To not have any Beatles songs in the top 10 is equally ludicrous.  There are 3 Beatles songs on this entire list, and 2 of them are average/mediocre/played out.

"Under the Bridge" is the 9th greatest song of all time?  Seriously?  Again, I'm a Chili Peppers fan (up until recent years), and BloodSugarSexMagik was an awesome album.  But no song -- let alone this one -- from this album should be in the top 10.

Powderfinger at #21?  Is that a f-ing typo?

Hilltop Hoods???  Who the ...

Sheesh, I can't bear it anymore! ??? :o ???
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Tony W

LOL Bosko. I though some of the same things. Especially "Under the Bridge". I plan on looking up Hilltop Hoods later this evening, if I can remember the name.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Migs

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 13, 2009, 01:01:11 PMHilltop Hoods???  Who the ...

Quote from: Tony W on July 13, 2009, 02:31:09 PMI plan on looking up Hilltop Hoods later this evening, if I can remember the name.

so neither of you like Aussie hip hop.  :(

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Sprocket

I say we compile all of these lists, add them up and divide by the number of lists to form a super ultra mega best 100 songs of all time?  :D

Tony W

Quote from: Migs on July 13, 2009, 05:40:25 PM
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 13, 2009, 01:01:11 PMHilltop Hoods???  Who the ...

Quote from: Tony W on July 13, 2009, 02:31:09 PMI plan on looking up Hilltop Hoods later this evening, if I can remember the name.

so neither of you like Aussie hip hop.  :(

That is an inaccurate assumption, at least for me. I've never heard of hilltop hoods. I didn't know there was such a thing as Aussie hip hop. I'm listening to "Nosebleed Section" right now, and I'm really digging it. There are quite a few more songs/Artists that  had never heard of on that list. I plan listening to as many as I can. I'm completely open to new/different music.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR