Joe Bonamassa

Started by Ferryman, July 12, 2009, 03:37:43 AM

Ferryman

.........is probably god, at least of the guitar. Just a quick post to say I caught most of his set at Guilfest in the UK yesterday and even in the torrential rain he was unbelievably good and had the crowd buzzing. I've listened to some of his recorded stuff and it's good, but I think he really needs to be seen live. And if you are a blues or rock guitarist, you need to see and hear him in the flesh. Great vocalist as well, and does some great straight blues but also rock original material.

Hope to be back next week, will post more details.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bro

He is stopping by Denmark too. Maybe I'll go there, never heard of him though!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Ferryman

0jimi, you surprise me! Check him out on YouTube, definitely worth seeing in the flesh. You'll love him.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

I HATE YOU....He is one of my hero's :P :P
We took this vid at Morecombe in Feb 2008
crap vid but not bad sound 8)

OJIMI...you must check him out 8) 8) listen to that solo! AWESOME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2S-t12vOg8

Bluesberry

I am a huge Joe Bonamassa fan.  I love his style, I love his playing, I even love his voice (some don't care for the voice, I like it).  He has a tone that is unmistakable, he has a Joe Bonamassa tone and sound, that is rare thing.  Damn fine guitarist.  I love his Les Paul tone.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

He was mainly playing Les Pauls last night. Wow, what a guitarist, what an attitude. Really at his peak on the live stage. Really tight backing band as well, my son was inspired by the bass player. We got really wet but had a great time.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Sprocket

Quote from: Ferryman on July 12, 2009, 12:11:25 PMHe was mainly playing Les Pauls last night. Wow, what a guitarist, what an attitude. Really at his peak on the live stage. Really tight backing band as well, my son was inspired by the bass player. We got really wet but had a great time.

Cheers,

Nigel

I saw him last summer, for only $25 a ticket!
I really like how he still keeps with the old bluesmans style...dressing like hes going to the bank to ask for a loan, for his shows.
He also played his signature Les Paul the whole night, goldtop w/black back and hardware.
I noticed he played the bridge pup the entire night...as well as the same guitar pick, all the way up til he threw it out before the encore(thats some serious pick control).

StevieM

I was going to see him in Southampton in Dec, but it couldn't all be worked out. It's a long way from here ( about 4/5hours drive). Was going with my son who's only about 45mins away from there, and his ex girlfriend, and staying overnight with him, but plans changed, so  :'( :'( :'(

Shame I couldn't get to the RAH earlier this year---- he had Clapton on with him too!!!!!!

Total master of what he does!!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!