Believe it or Not ... I AM FINISHED

Started by Bosko Schwartz, July 12, 2009, 12:58:41 AM

Wiley

Yup Lots of groupies band equipment gets very heavy to haul around.  Good luck!!

OsCKilO

Why have I not replied to this.?

WELL DONE BRO!!!!!!!

I wish you Success and Peace!!!!!!!!!!!

You deserve it!!!!!  After all that hard work!!!!

A true artist!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ted

I was just listening to Samaanya (again) and two I wondered two things:

First, whether you were any closer to finishing the album. And, Yes you are.  Congratulations!

Samaanya also made me wonder whether might ever heard of the band Klaatu whose album Hope is one of my all time favorite concept albums.  Then I dug you up on MySpace, and I see that you have a song titled Klaatu (to which I am listening and liking as I type this).  It could just be that you are a science fiction nerd, and that to you Klaatu means only "Klaatu barada nikto."  In any case, consider it a compliment that you brought Klaatu (the band) to mind.

For everyone else: Here is the MySpace page for The Stan Laurels where you can hear a set of six songs.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bosko Schwartz

THANK YOU, EVERYONE for the nice words of congrats!  You are too kind! ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: launched on July 12, 2009, 11:14:40 AMIt was such a pleasure to get to comment on some of your songs - I feel like I was a part of it somehow.

Mark, you definitely WERE a part of it!  You and everyone who commented, everyone who listened, and everyone who I have had any interaction with here at all have all helped me immensely!

Quote from: wiley on July 12, 2009, 06:07:54 PMYup Lots of groupies band equipment gets very heavy to haul around.  Good luck!!

Haha, true, wiley, but I think standard roadies would be a better choice to haul equipment.  I don't think my wife would like if I had lots of groupies. >:(  And neither would I.  She is all I want and need in that dept.! ;D

Quote from: osckilo on July 13, 2009, 06:27:16 AMWELL DONE BRO!!!!!!!

I wish you Success and Peace!!!!!!!!!!!

You deserve it!!!!!  After all that hard work!!!!

A true artist!

Thanks, T!  I owe a lot to you and your inspiring tenacity, diversity, and human generosity!

Quote from: Ted on July 13, 2009, 09:08:10 AMSamaanya also made me wonder whether might ever heard of the band Klaatu whose album Hope is one of my all time favorite concept albums.  Then I dug you up on MySpace, and I see that you have a song titled Klaatu (to which I am listening and liking as I type this).  It could just be that you are a science fiction nerd, and that to you Klaatu means only "Klaatu barada nikto."  In any case, consider it a compliment that you brought Klaatu (the band) to mind.

Thanks Ted!  Absolutely, Klaatu the band is a big influence!  And yes to all of the above regarding the word Klaatu and phrase "Klaatu Barada Nikto."  I used that word to kind of carry on the torch, so to speak.  It first appeared in the original film The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951), then of course the Canadian band in the early 70s adopted it as their name, and you have the Wikipedia link which shows all of the other appearances it has made (although they left out the movie Army of Darkness).  I figured I might as well keep it rolling ... it's an homage, and why not?  Definitely the right subject matter! :)

Everyone should check out the band Klaatu as well ... they were really cool and heavily influenced by The Beatles.  For a few years, there were mysteries and rumors that Klaatu may actually be The Beatles, the rumor being that they got back together to release albums anonymously under this odd pseudonym.  To add to the mystery, for a while, Klaatu never released any photographs (including on their albums) and never appeared in public.  Of course, I never believed it since they aren't half as good, and don't really sound THAT much like them, but I still think it was a cool little rumor and one I'm sure they were happy to be "accused" of.  In fact, I know they were, since they chose to facilitate it!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Frank53

Congratulations, Bosko! I know how difficult it is. I've been working on mine for 3 years. LOL! Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy. You do great work!

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Greeny

You've given birth to something very special (after a long pregancy..!) from the evidence that I've heard so far. I totally 'get' and dig your stuff. It's like someone taking the sum of all my influences and making an album that's tailor-fitted to my tastes. So you have at least one customer! And I have total respect for the craft and passion you've displayed in making music of this ambition and scale. I even love your cover and band name! It's all cool - in all the right ways.

Congratulations.

And remember - these are the things that'll out-live you... the things you leave behind....

AndyR

Yeah, congratulations Bosko :)

"Album" is a word I don't want to even consider at the moment - I'm a lot happier thinging in terms of individual songs.

BIG plus to you for taking it on and seeing it through... :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, Frank, Tim, and Andy! ;D ;D ;D

Frank, I can't wait to hear your album!  3 years is a long time, and I have a feeling you utilized your time a little more wisely than I did.

Greeny, I appreciate that, and likewise!  I am a HUGE fan of yours.  As I have said before many times, I would buy your music in a heartbeat! ;D

Thanks, Andy!  From what I've heard from you, an album of yours would be monumental!

By the way, everyone, sorry I have been a little absent from the forum lately.  After I finished the album, I decided to spend some much-needed time with the family.  So I won't be on quite as much as normal for a while, but I will still be around.  Hopefully no one takes offense if I don't comment as much as I normally do.

Also, I have recently found out that completing the album is only the beginning.  Now, comes the real work.  Scary thought. :o :o :o
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Satchwood

Big Congrats there Bosko!!  You've got some pretty awesome tunes on this album for sure - I'm still listening and enjoying "Samaanya"!!

Tommy..

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

upsetminded

This is great news Bosko.  Although I enjoy everyone's music on this board I consider myself a fan of yours. 
1. Many of your songs are on my ipod
2. Your music has been a huge influence on my own writing
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor