Believe it or Not ... I AM FINISHED

Started by Bosko Schwartz, July 12, 2009, 12:58:41 AM

Bro

Wow! Congratulations! I'm sure it'll be great!

Your welcome for the nice comments, It's what we are here for! :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Flash Harry

Weyhey! Well done, many congratulations, let me know where to send the cheque for the CD.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, everyone!

By the way, as Saijinn Maas pointed out, comments or not, even those of you who just took the time to listen are greatly appreciated!

Quote from: Geir on July 12, 2009, 02:45:48 AMNow, what new projects do you have now? .. and will we hear you on Woodstockfest 2009?

Geir, I have about 25 - 30 songs in various stages of completion, so work on album #2 has already started.  This time it won't take me 3 years, and I doubt if it'll be a concept album (too much work).  As for Woodstock, not sure ... I have only ever done one cover song in my life; I'm kind of afraid to do covers, as I fear I won't do justice to the original.  But I may try it.

Quote from: SteveB on July 12, 2009, 02:49:17 AMAlthough it may not seem like it at the moment, in some ways the easiest part of the project is complete.  ???
Those listeners in the future, outside this Forum, will think nothing of all the personal turmoil you've endured to bring this project to market. And they will think themselves all uniquely gifted in being able to pick your Aristry apart and dispense pearls of wisdom as to how they would have done it. And also before you know it, will come the inevitable clamour: Where's your next album??  ::)

SteveB, sadly, I know what you're saying.  But all I can do is try to stay positive!

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 12, 2009, 08:49:11 AMNot sure how much you're prepared to spend for professional mastering, but Abbey Road Studios recently announced an online mastering service. Just upload your tracks as WAV files, then download the mastered tracks when they're done. A bit pricey but what the hell ... it's ABBEY ROAD!!!

https://www.abbeyroadonlinemastering.com/

It would be really cool to have "Mastered at Abbey Road Studios" printed on the back cover of your CD.

Pricey, definitely, but you've got me thinking, 64G.  It might be worth it just to be able to put those words on the back cover!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Geir

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 12, 2009, 10:13:53 AM
Quote from: Geir on July 12, 2009, 02:45:48 AMNow, what new projects do you have now? .. and will we hear you on Woodstockfest 2009?

Geir, I have about 25 - 30 songs in various stages of completion, so work on album #2 has already started. 
Now that's excatly what I wanted to hear !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
QuoteThis time it won't take me 3 years, and I doubt if it'll be a concept album (too much work).  As for Woodstock, not sure ... I have only ever done one cover song in my life; I'm kind of afraid to do covers, as I fear I won't do justice to the original.  But I may try it.
As BB said, just take a simple aproach and get it done. No need to worry about doing it justice, do it with love for the music and the result will have good qualities that will be appreciated, and that will maybe show us another side of a well-known song!!

... And man I'd like to have Mastered at Abbey Road Studios printed on my album  8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Congratulations, my man!! :D :D ;) :D :D :D ;D

I'm with BB - will be the first one in line!! I can only imagine how you feel right now - I'm excited for you and I didn't even do anything!!

Not many people really completely finish anything in life, and music is no exception. The ability to actually record even one whole song is a task within itself. And you have completed a whole album. From what selections I've listened to, it's going to be a play-through worthy one at that. Precious and rare are those - I only own a few.

It was such a pleasure to get to comment on some of your songs - I feel like I was a part of it somehow.

I wish you great success!

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

guitarron

That's great news bosko-

your an inspiration to all us

Ron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Congrats on a job extremely well done.  I think we all look forward to this next stage of mastering/marketing/online distribution, and we are all truly pulling for you.

Peace.

Blooby

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Pedro

Pretty awesome!

Now it is time to go on the road.

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !