Believe it or Not ... I AM FINISHED

Started by Bosko Schwartz, July 12, 2009, 12:58:41 AM

Bosko Schwartz

As of 4:30 in the Prime Meridian, US Central Standard Time, on July the Seventh of Two Thousand and Nine, Anno Domini, I completed the absolute final touches of my debut album, making it 100% finished from top to bottom.

This has been a true labour of love.  Literally 1000s of hours in the making.  Three long years.  Blood, sweat, and tears all played their proverbial and literal roles.  There were many times that I thought it would actually never be completed.  Too many obstacles ... day-job, family obligations, the fact that it might not even be worth my time ...

These last two months or so that I have been on the forum have been some of the most productive, and without a doubt, the most positive of the entire 3 years.  I want to thank each and every one of you who have taken the time to listen to my songs and my rants -- including lots of grumblings over never-perfect-in-my-mind mixes in which I felt the fader for the bass tracks needed to be raised one millimeter ;D -- and to everyone who has left so many incredibly encouraging, positive, inspiring comments, and some personal messages as well, which have been extra special to me.

THANK YOU:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

indierik (Erik)
Bluesberry
Greeny (Tim)
Osckilo (Tharek)
Ferryman (Nigel)
Blooby
launched (Mark)
48 (Mike)
Geir
Flash Harry (Mike)
oldrottenhead (Jim)
SteveB
64Guitars
admin (Pedro)
Diego Ayala
Satchwood
0jimihendrix0
Kody
Pinedog
LESTG
Frank53
guitarron
SdC
Saijinn Maas
Ted
Rockatron

If I have left out even ONE person who has left even ONE comment on any music I've posted, I apologize, because every single little word that has been written has helped me tremendously.

Thanks again, everyone.  Now on to professional mastering, then TuneCore for iTunes and other digital sites + physical CDs.  At least I have the cover done ...

www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Tangled Wires

Many congratulations Bosko, your songs are pure quality which is a result of the hard work you have put into them. I hope this album brings you the success you truly deserve.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Although I haven't commented nearly as much as others, I do have to say that I can't wait for this to be released. I'm not one to comment for the sake of just "hearing myself talk" if I do not have anything to add that already has been covered. But I've followed each song you've posted here with great interest, and I have to say I've been more and more impressed with each song.

So, with that said, I hope you great success in your endeavor.

Geir

That's really great Bosko, congratulations. I've been listening to all the songs you've posted here again this weekend (wanted to do it before commenting on your last) and I'm more and more impressed! And what impressed me when listening to all of them several times, is that you've managed to get the same sound on all of them, that unique Bosko-sound. You've really got a fine collection of songs and I know there are a lot of people that will buy this!!

I hope you'll still keep in touch when fame hits you ;D

Now, what new projects do you have now? .. and will we hear you on Woodstockfest 2009?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SteveB

BSZ - I concur with the previous Posters in wishing you well on the next stage of your musical journey with your completed song-cycle. It will indeed be interesting to listen to how the whole fits together. Although it may not seem like it at the moment, in some ways the easiest part of the project is complete.  ???
Those listeners in the future, outside this Forum, will think nothing of all the personal turmoil you've endured to bring this project to market. And they will think themselves all uniquely gifted in being able to pick your Aristry apart and dispense pearls of wisdom as to how they would have done it. And also before you know it, will come the inevitable clamour: Where's your next album??  ::)

Looking at the intriguing Artwork for the album, well you've at least 3 guaranteed places of response on the planet: The Sons of the Desert Society, The Astronomy Community, and the town of Ulverston in Cumbria (UK).

Having listened, and re-listened, to two of the tracks in the song-cycle, I only hope that the World latches onto something unique, and applauds your musical vision.
Good luck, and very well done.  ;)                    
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Oldrottenhead

congrats bosko, i wish you every success with your album. rather than repeat what has already been said i'll just say

"love your music man".
peace jim
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Quick post to say congrats and well done, look forward to getting the full released product from a non-iTunes site - keep us posted. I've enjoyed your rants and love your music.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

WELL DONE BOSKO- on such a massive acheivement!
ps love the cover!

64Guitars

Congratulations and best of luck!

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 12, 2009, 12:58:41 AMNow on to professional mastering, then TuneCore for iTunes and other digital sites + physical CDs.

Not sure how much you're prepared to spend for professional mastering, but Abbey Road Studios recently announced an online mastering service. Just upload your tracks as WAV files, then download the mastered tracks when they're done. A bit pricey but what the hell ... it's ABBEY ROAD!!!

https://www.abbeyroadonlinemastering.com/

It would be really cool to have "Mastered at Abbey Road Studios" printed on the back cover of your CD.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

So great Boscko, You have added so much to this site in the short time you have been here, from the great songs, allowing us to look in at the musical mind at work, all the great thoughtful comments you have given on everybodys songs.  I hope you take a breather and get in some Woodstock covers, just for fun.  Damn man I would love to hear a few woodstock covers from you.  Let your hair down, have a few beers and relax over a cover or two.  No agonizing production issues with covers, just get em done as fast as you can, its all for fun.  I am standing in line to get one of the first downloads of this album, before the masses discover it and it is all over the place I can say I heard in the beginning and always knew it would be big!  Really nice cover.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand