This site is exploding with talent lately!!!!!!

Started by Bluesberry, July 10, 2009, 03:12:57 PM

Bluesberry

Has anybody noticed  ;).  This damn site is exploding with talent, quality songwriting, excellent musicians, colaborations, guys learning to play guitar that have wanted to for years, and now are doing it, guys writing their first few songs, and they are damn good!!!!.  I  for one am very excited to be a part of this little forum.  I get inspired everyday by this place!!!  I just felt so pumped about the whole thing I had to post this and see if others feel the same way  :D.  Whew, it feels like we are in on the ground floor of something majestic that is developing here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bosko Schwartz

YES!

I just had my first foray into songs by Facemask, andrewh, and tom r, and loved every single one of them!

The amount of talent here is ASTOUNDING!!! ;D ;D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

SteveB

BB - Wholeheartedly agree. Let's hope 'The Man' doesn't discover us!!
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Bluesberry

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 10, 2009, 03:28:36 PMI just had my first foray into songs by Facemask, andrewh, and tom r, and loved every single one of them!
Thats what I am talking about.  Where did these guys come from, and look at the stuff they are writing and creating.  Its astonishing really. 

The "man" is nothing more that an overgrown kid in a baggy suit, like in the Tom Hanks film "Big".  "He" doesn't even know what "He" is doing most times, no comprehension or creative thought, just automatic reaction to some pre-determined set of rules that is constantly evolving.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

You hit it right on, BB - All kinds of good stuff everywhere. Even the different music post categories are filling up, save maybe the really old equipment.

I love this place!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Part of the fun about this site is "watching" the sounds progress!!!!

And Chipping in where we can!

If I need direction to a track, I just throw it out to the forum, raw, for advice!!!

24hrs a day.............That Advice is there!!!!!!!

And tips on how to improve!

This is an oasis of forums in a desert of chat rooms !

What a Great Place!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

truly a positive energy here-it shows in our work- i think we all get a little better at it because of it-

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 10, 2009, 06:50:13 PMgaun yersel

Get To Sleep Yer DURTY BOY!!!!!!!!

Quote from: guitarron on July 10, 2009, 07:00:04 PMtruly a positive energy here-it shows in our work- i think we all get a little better at it because of it-

True!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bro

Yeah you are right, i still remember some of the first songs in here that i heard, and i really hear how some people developed! It's really an amazing thought!

Good job folks! :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.