Crappest 100 Songs EVER

Started by Migs, July 09, 2009, 11:09:27 PM

Sprocket

OMG, this topic scares me...its like an open invite to a crowd of patrons who frequently bump the "Rainbow Bread" thread in amusement...some of this crowd really knows "crap" when they hear it! AND like it!  :D

I am now pleasantly surprised...and soothed by the Cannon in D *sigh*

Quote from: Greeny on July 10, 2009, 02:46:17 AMHowever - someone did nail my number one crap song of all time... 'Red Red Wine' by UB40. It makes me foam at the mouth and want to destroy everything in breaking distance, lol.

Ive often wondered why we rarely hear the Neil Diamond version? As if it could be far far worse.

Admittedly, in the early 90s, Id stumbled onto 2 used UB40 cds, not holding RRW against them...but the moment I bought them, I was never able to make it through a single CD before I realized, "WTF? was I thinking??? This is crap!" and I never listened to them ever again. In hindsight, I think it was thier club mixes and colabs with the likes of "808-State"(One In Ten) that made me think I even enjoyed them.

[edit #3]I cant make it through the lists, I see a pattern...although not a huge fan of any of those artist or songs, and at this day and age, yes, these song are "crap" by todays standard...these were almost all Top 10 hits!(atleast to halfway down this huge page before giving up). So its agreed that the songs suck...but those are songs that EVERYBODY around the world knows the lyrics to, almost EACH and EVERYONE of those songs.
To me, I define a "song" as something you can sing along to, its not difficult to remember the words, it makes you feel good. It might not even be musically good technically...but it moves you none the less.
If my "song" was on that list...I would stand firmly behind it, "Yeah, I wrote(or played) that song...and you are never going to forget it." It will live forever too.
And Barry Manilow...as much as I wanna hate him, and its popular to hate him, that guy was a tallent..even if I would never own one of his records.

guitarron

i played in a country band when ache breaky heart came out(ya i know-i needed the money)
we'd HAVE to play that pile of rubbish at least twice nightly
like nails on a blackboard to me

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

Quote from: guitarron on July 11, 2009, 04:53:57 AMwe'd HAVE to play that pile of rubbish at least twice nightly

Ewwww, yeaaah...thats one perspective I hadnt considered, as Ive never been in that position. I dont have a band, stictly patron/consumer.

"Hey, its my wife's B-day, could you play 'Mustang Sally' for her...her names Sally, huhu!"
That list is making more since to me, now.

guitarron

Quote from: Sprocket on July 11, 2009, 02:50:03 PM
Quote from: guitarron on July 11, 2009, 04:53:57 AMwe'd HAVE to play that pile of rubbish at least twice nightly

Ewwww, yeaaah...thats one perspective I hadnt considered, as Ive never been in that position. I dont have a band, stictly patron/consumer.

"Hey, its my wife's B-day, could you play 'Mustang Sally' for her...her names Sally, huhu!"
That list is making more since to me, now.
at least Mustang sally is a cool song-over done yes-but still pretty cool

i still can see the line dancers-help me help me

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

Being critical takes less talent than picking up garbage. I personally prefer picking up garbage over listening/reading some assholes unkind words. Some of those entries were simply for shock value, and negated their credibility.

Line dancing..... I remember thinking that if I could line dance I could get lucky..... Man, I was young once.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

Quote from: Tony W on July 11, 2009, 08:35:06 PMBeing critical takes less talent than picking up garbage. I personally prefer picking up garbage over listening/reading some assholes unkind words. Some of those entries were simply for shock value, and negated their credibility.

Line dancing..... I remember thinking that if I could line dance I could get lucky..... Man, I was young once.

very good point

i remember being dragged to line dancing class by my ex-o how painful that memory is-need therapy-quick

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

I stopped reading when I got to the one that said "All along the watchtower" is over covered as it only has two chords  ???