"Harry's Blues" - My first effort on the Br900cd. Jazz blues in G

Started by guitaroscar, July 09, 2009, 05:23:02 PM

guitaroscar

Blues in g mp3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I didn't apply the bass sim properly so the bass is only a guitar with the eq down.
I used an Aria archtop for the Ist Guitar and a Hagstrom Viking for the 2nd.
Hope you enjoy my first effort
Cheers
Harry

SteveB

GSR - Sh*t - if that's your first effort, just where have you been hiding yourself?!
Nothing wrong with the playing or arrangement, in fact, throw in a pianist and you've got a Jazz ensemble all to yourself. Well done with this. Hope to hear more.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Frank53

Harry, this is great. Nice progression, and excellent playing. Reminds me of some old Kenny Burrell or Joe Pass recording. Love this stuff. Did you tap out the drums? Very live feel to them. Nice work!

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

guitaroscar

Thanks for the votes of confidence.  Most of the drums were straight off the machine; the intro, and a couple of the fills I created myself.  It's really great fun!

Diego Ayala

Harry, that was a very good "first" effort'man!!!  for me I would up the drums a bit and accentuate them -  The bass sounded louder on my right, but then again I am a bit deaf and was listening via headphones...

Excellent take, and to my library to listen to to it on my stereo...

The Reverend 48

Great Stuff love the changing tempo...Well Done
Don't know if its me I find the bass a bit high in the mix

Bro

Wow great job!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only hagström user in here!

Just amazing, really sweet jazz tones from both guitars!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

Nice jazz tone and playing.  Well done, really.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitaroscar

I downloaded this to listen to on my mp3 player. Why is it that this sounds okay on the computor, okay on a small home sterio, but no good on my mp3 player.  It hisses like an old record, generally sounds very low-fi.
Is there something I should have done in the recording, or mastering process?
I also downloaded But Beautiful, another of my recordings, only to find the same thing.
When I have downloaded recordings of others I have not encountered this problem, so I know it is not the Mp3 player.
Any suggestions, please?

Blooby

Really lovely recording.  You can go back and apply the bass simulator after the fact to your "bass" track if you want (I think it sounds great as is).

Blooby