BR 1600 (and Sibling) Capabilities

Started by Blooby, July 09, 2009, 03:59:15 PM

Blooby

SteveB, that's an interesting take on things.  Time has always been my biggest issue.  But I can certainly do things easier and faster with the big boy.  I admit that options can slow you down, but that's a matter of choice. 

I really haven't used the loops much except for a couple with "Light" in their titles.  As the names suggest, they are rather mellow percussion loops (conga, sparse cymbals, etc.) that work well with other percussion.

I was just curious to see what else is out there third-party wise.  My drumming is horrid, so I'm always looking to expand the palette.

Blooby

launched

Quote from: Blooby on July 12, 2009, 02:50:53 PM...My drumming is horrid...

Can't be that bad - You must get behind that Yamaha once in a while... I checked that kit out - It seems to be a good one.

mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

guitarron

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 12, 2009, 12:58:21 PM
Quote from: guitarron on July 12, 2009, 11:23:03 AMMutes are a must have in my opinion extremely useful if you need to ever comp tracks
- i dont have them on th 600

Yes, you do!!!   The button is labeled "DELETE/MUTE" and it's located directly under the MASTER fader. Just hold it down while pressing the track button of the track you wish to mute (same as BR-1600). Don't worry about the word "DELETE". That only applies to drum machine pattern editing. It allows you to delete a drum sound from a pattern. When you're not in pattern editing mode, it won't delete anything.

ummm a   ok
that's something good to know-lol
thanks once again 64
you da man as always

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper