Share Your Pandora Stations

Started by Ted, July 08, 2009, 12:07:25 PM

Ted

I got to wondering how many of us have Pandora stations we could share.

I'll start. 

I have three stations:

How to find your Pandora Station URL:

Click any image to enbiggen

Click the drop-down menu next to the station you'd like to share.

Select "Edit Station Details."

In the upper right there will be a URL for sharing.

Select and copy the full URL to your clipboard.

Paste it into a reply to this topic.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

From your links, I get this:

"Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S."
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 08, 2009, 01:56:20 PMFrom your links, I get this:

"Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S."

I had no idea about that.

Are you actually outside of the US? (I have no idea where you keep those 64 guitars.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 08, 2009, 01:56:20 PMFrom your links, I get this:

"Dear Pandora Visitor,

Sucks, right? I actually just read that in a newspaper article the other day. Hopefully they will get all the licensing stuff figured out in the near future.

AC
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Ted

This wasn't even on my radar.  Looks like they barely got a deal to allow them to Webcast within the US.  Now the need to fight the same battle country by country:

QuoteThe webcasters were engaged in a two year battle with Sound Exchange after a federal body said that they had to pay 0.19 cent per song when they streamed them.

That would have swallowed up most of the money made by the webcasters. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) brokered the deal, indicating that it believes the internet may give far more to the record companies than it takes away.

The US webcasters face further problems, however. Pandora can't provide access to people outside the US because of individual licensing agreements in different countries. In some cases, deals have to be struck country by country - a difficult task for a nascent business.

Source: Online radio stations agree on royalty payments -- TG Daily
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac