"It's Summertime" (original with Flash Harry on bass)

Started by Geir, July 08, 2009, 05:13:42 AM

SE

recorder
Boss BR-80

tafka

great song this.
i have a feeling its not the last time i will be hearing it.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

AndyR

This is really good. As I type, the lead guitar just came in - lovely entry - and i like how it keeps noodling under the last chorus.

And boy, does that vocal trick work! (I really can't lay claim to it though :D) That vocal sits perfectly in the mix.

Lovely song as well - right up my street.

And, second listen, I heard the bass line - excellent line Flash, for two reasons (in my book): 1st, it's, er, really good anyway, 2nd, I didn't notice it first listen :D - so it's perfect for the track.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

guitarron

wow this  great!
nice treatment on the drums
hot solo guitar-likes them noodles!!!!! ya

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Thanx everyone, I really appreciate your kind words!!
Quote from: Greeny on July 08, 2009, 05:34:08 AMSuch a great guitar sound. Driving, jangly and wonderful. Flash's bass touches at the bridge are superb, and then comes that incredible solo. This is (another!) great song, Geir. It finished a bit too fast for me though! I wanted more, more, more. So good, it made me greedy, lol.

Excellent collaboration!
Thanx a lot Tim! You've been a great inspiration for a long time and on this song in particular! The chord-changes on the chorus I actually was afraid I'd stolen from you 8) Yes it is a bit short, but ... it was .. well finished and well ... I've abandoned the radiofriendly songlength I guess, ... or maybe I'm just to lazy to sit down and make it longer once that first inspirational drive is wearing off ... My next song on the other hand will have to be compressed under 128kbs ;D ....
Quote from: Flash Harry on July 08, 2009, 08:36:38 AMWow that sounds like a great mix. Much better than the track you sent me to overdub my bass, in fact its a differnt song altogether... are you sure it's the right one? I love it!

It's superb! Thanks for the opportunity :)
Thank YOU Mike !! and yes, it's quite different ... much happier with this mix. less reverb on the vox, upped the guitar and did that Andy-trick on the (new) vox, yeah and the 808 drum-thingy ('tho I don't think that is noticeable)   
Quote from: AndyR on July 09, 2009, 01:03:18 PMThis is really good. As I type, the lead guitar just came in - lovely entry - and i like how it keeps noodling under the last chorus.

And boy, does that vocal trick work! (I really can't lay claim to it though :D) That vocal sits perfectly in the mix.

Lovely song as well - right up my street.

And, second listen, I heard the bass line - excellent line Flash, for two reasons (in my book): 1st, it's, er, really good anyway, 2nd, I didn't notice it first listen :D - so it's perfect for the track.
Thank you so much Andy, both for the nice comment and for the vocal-trick (even if it's not yours originally, here it is !) It feels a bit like cheating, but makes mixing so much easier, and when even a great voice like yours can benefit from it, I know I surely can use if without shame.  And the funny thing with this trick is that it allows you to have "everything louder than everything else" ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bosko Schwartz

WHOA!!!

What a track!  I love the twin dirty/jangly rhythm guitars assaulting me from both sides.  And that solo is magnificent!  The bassline is incredible -- why wouldn't it be; it's Flash Harry, for shit's sake -- but needs to be higher in the mix, IMO.  The vocal DOES sit perfectly in the mix, and is well sung too!  What a perfect song for summer!

I dig it! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Facemask93

Great song guys , Geir just where do you get the inspiration from to continually come up with melodies this good ,  lovely production , great guitar , great everything

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

knniggits

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Ferryman

Great, catchy, really sharp guitars and a great production. This is your shot at the surprise hit of the year, right? Nice collab guys, really enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Thanks Bosko, Rob, kniggits and  Nigel !! Appreciate your feedback !!
Quote from: Ferryman on July 12, 2009, 11:05:58 AMGreat, catchy, really sharp guitars and a great production. This is your shot at the surprise hit of the year, right?
Of course !!! Well, I guess it'll be a miss since it's a bit too short to be radiofriendly .... and well I guess I'd have to get it "out there" ... to "the Man" to make it a hit .... and we wouldn't wan't that would we ;D ....

But I guess I could have a go at soundclick ... what genre should I post it under in that case?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........