STRAT ATTACK....

Started by The Reverend 48, July 07, 2009, 08:39:47 AM

The Reverend 48

I am amazed how much we all like talkin guitars....

There are a couple of logical reasons for not replacing the pick ups in my '89 strat
1.   The Classic player guitar was a real good price ( I would get my money back on e bay)
2.   Pick ups/loaded scratch plates immediately loose a lot of their value
3.   I'm free to sell the '89 if the mood takes me
4.   I like rosewood boards more than maple

I choose the "Classic player" cos I had a go on a Baja Tele and I was incredibly impressed with the overall quality...I really believe that the "Classic Players" are very well made.........

Migs

Quote from: 48 on July 08, 2009, 03:32:32 AM4.   I like rosewood boards more than maple

See I prefer maple.  And while on boards and necks, I hate Gibson necks.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

SteveB

Quote from: 48 on July 08, 2009, 03:32:32 AM4.   I like rosewood boards more than maple

48 - I'm with you on this one. Don't know what it is, but somehow the Rosewood seems to have a warmer tone - and people will swear that Maple fretboards are faster to play, so there's an equaliser!

By the way, the reason that Fender introduced the Rosewood fretboard, was apparently because players were complaining of the Maple discolouring during useage. And anyone who has had a guitar with a Maple fretboard will know that this is so. The Rosewood just hides it better.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

guitarron

one nice thing about a strat is you can get in to one dirt cheap-or you can spend as much as you want.
wasn't that you 48 that bid for one  and got it for like 25 bucks?

I'm inspired to track with my blond 87 Squier strat- japanese made  (were  the fenders are made)
its got a factory locking trem-like a kahler locking system
plays sweet-factory pick ups

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Quote from: Migs on July 08, 2009, 06:42:26 PMSee I prefer maple.  And while on boards and necks, I hate Gibson necks.
Yea my strat is all maple neck,  my first experience with a maple fingerboard, and I love it.  It plays different than rosewood for sure, subtle difference but whatever it is I love it.  Supposedly it gives a little less sustain, but gives a slightly sharper sound, brings out that quack more, the classic strat tone.  And it lets you play faster and smoother (something like that).  I know I play my strat different than my Les Paul, my fingers always feel like motoring on the strat for some reason.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 08, 2009, 06:58:37 PM
Quote from: Migs on July 08, 2009, 06:42:26 PMI like rosewood boards more than maple
Yea my strat is all maple neck,  my first experience with a maple fingerboard, and I love it.  It plays different than rosewood for sure, subtle difference but whatever it is I love it.  Supposedly it gives a little less sustain, but gives a slightly sharper sound, brings out that quack more, the classic strat tone.  And it lets you play faster and smoother (something like that).  I know I play my strat different than my Les Paul, my fingers always feel like motoring on the strat for some reason.
there is a difference for sure in rosewood and maple-
maple sounds a little more twangier-subtle tho

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Well I am over my Stratphobia big style  ;D
I am really pleased with the '60s Classic Player I love the look build quality and most important it does what a strat should...so finally I can see what all the fuss is about there are so many tones I am just beginning to explore it is also remarkably quiet I was expecting loads of hum that isn't there :o
It just rings like a bell...I made the right call thankfully!

guitarron

is one and the same as in the video?
post a pic if ya get chance

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Quote from: guitarron on July 09, 2009, 05:29:58 PMis one and the same as in the video?
post a pic if ya get chance
Its exactly the same as the one in the Vid and its a beauty.....
I really love the aged mint pickguard and aged knobs and covers......
and keep polishing the "Custom Shop Designed" on the backplate :D :D :D :D