Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

Quote from: Tony W on July 07, 2009, 02:49:17 PMI hate going sideways on a subject like this, but I'm planning out my next 2 guitars. The acoustic electric I will have is a Rainsong. I'd take my guitar kayaking if I could, and a carbon fiber guitar can do that. I have had one in my hand, and loved it. The next Electric will be a gorgeous instrument that sounds even better than it looks. When the time comes, I'm assuming that it will be a Strat based on everything I've read to date.
i like the idea of a near indestructable guitar that sounds good-pricey, but it'll be the last one you'll ever have to buy-unless you get a gas attack after buying it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

You know this is interesting. I have never bought any of my guitars for their name .  I bought my Les Paul triumph bass as it had a narrow neck and a short scale.  Exact fit for my hands.    I bought my GL sc-2 as I was looking at strat and teles and this was cheaper and sounded great.  Little did I know it was a good buy now.  But I use my guitars.  They don't sit around and get admired. LOL  But some of what you guys talk about is way over my head. 48 mentioned humbucker pick-ups once.  I couldn't tell you what kind are on my guitars. LOL All I know is they work.  Good luck on your shopping.

Bluesberry

Some dude on U-tube did up an excellent review were you can hear the range of strat tones and why strat guys love their strats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvEYY2QxLXY

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bosko Schwartz

Holy sh*t, 48, that's a beautiful guitar!  I love the very subtle light blue!!! ;D

Are you going to make her yours?
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 07, 2009, 07:27:55 PMSome dude on U-tube did up an excellent review were you can hear the range of strat tones and why strat guys love their strats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvEYY2QxLXY

SOLD!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Davo

Your ultra is a modern classic, leave it be!

I gotta say I never wanted to like the Strat.  Everyone has one, and I like being different.  BUT when I started in a band, I needed a guitar that cut through and stayed in tune.  The Strat did this well.  Now Im sold, they are very expressive, and sound wonderful.  I can tolerate the hum for the tone I get in return.

The 60's CP Strats are one of the best Fenders in a long time!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Migs

Quote from: Tony W on July 07, 2009, 01:04:26 PMAs a noob, I don't understand the draw to a strat. Can somebody enlighten me as to what the draw is?

They are almost as good as a Telecaster.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Greeny

Quote from: Migs on July 07, 2009, 11:31:05 PM
Quote from: Tony W on July 07, 2009, 01:04:26 PMAs a noob, I don't understand the draw to a strat. Can somebody enlighten me as to what the draw is?

They are almost as good as a Telecaster.

I'm with you on that one!