STRAT ATTACK....

Started by The Reverend 48, July 07, 2009, 08:39:47 AM

The Reverend 48

Some of you will remember me banging on about not being happy with my '89 Fender Strat Plus with lace sensors it plays really well and looks gorgeous but just doesn't do it for me >:(
...I know it's a great example of a strat but the lace sensors sound too "Clinical" to my ear.... :-\ >:(
Anyway I am going to pack it up and save selling it to a rainy day cos they are increasing in value all the time.....better than money in the bank! ;)

Now to the future I need a strat (you know how it is) so I have found a '60s Classic Player in beautiful sonic blue at a good price.  :D
The reviews are all good and it is equipped with custom shop '69 pick ups so I hope it can deliver all the classic strat tones I crave........

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0141100372

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtyNUJPBzLA

Greeny

Tasty! I'm missing a Strat from my collection too, lol. But first of all I need a custom shop Nocaster. £3,000 should do it, lol.

Just out of interest, can't you replace the pick-ups on the '89? As long as you can put them back again as it was, it shouldn't alter the value.

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Saijinn Maas

Or just buy the same pickups that are in that 69 here

guitarron

That fender '60s Classic Player is a little pricey for an import strat -imo
Saijin has the right idea-buy the 60's p-ups for about 200 usd

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

i wish i had money and a awesome guitar collection, i really want to have a strat, when i get the money I'm buying a mexican made strat! :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Tony W

As a noob, I don't understand the draw to a strat. Can somebody enlighten me as to what the draw is? Keep in mind that I can barely play, and a guitar is still a guitar to me.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

a strat is a must have for sure-versatile
it's got a lot of tone options-comfortable-pretty light weight-(my hard tail strat is heavy like a paul tho)
looks cool
strat tend to sit nicely in the mix with other heavier sounding guitars

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Quote from: guitarron on July 07, 2009, 01:04:49 PMa strat is a must have for sure-versatile
Could you convince my parents to buy me one? ;D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

guitarron

sounds likes a lot of lawn work is in your future-
dad pleeeaaassee???????
don't trade in that gorgeous Hag whatever you do.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand