B. B. King - A moment to remember

Started by Bro, July 06, 2009, 04:20:35 AM

Bro

So last night i went to see B. B. King. This topic is about that very evening.
When i got there, i quickly found out that i was almost the only guy under 25 at that concert. The tension was sweet and calm. People came for the blues, the beer and the legendary King. Anyway the whole thing started of with a great warm up band playing a form of alternative/modern blues music. A band called Mike Andersen band, they are danish, and they are touring europe. If you ever have the chance, go see them!

But there was 2 things that i really will remember about this concert, just before the last couple of songs i went all up front, and as B.B. launched into "The Thrill is gone" people cheered, and i think B. B. king was looking for members of the audience who knew the song. Anyway he looked around the first couple of rows, and his sight stopped at me. We made eye contact, i was in the 7th heaven, i think he recognized me as one of the youngest guys at that concert. I cracked a huge smile and nodded, i tried to mimic "You rock" or something i can't really remember. He smiled back and turned his attention to the other side of the crowd. Even though this only was a couple of seconds contact with the king I'm sure this moment will stay with me for the rest of my life. I was blown away. An other thing i really liked was that everybody in the front row started moving away when they were done playing. I was now standing as one of the few just, looking at Lucille. There is, no kidding, something god-like about that guitar. Amazing. My dad and i sneaked back stage but B. B. was long gone.

Have you ever had any experiences like this? Let me know!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Greeny

These are the experiences you can build your life on. Oneday (and I'm sure that day will come), you'll be able to talk about this as a major moment when you're interviewed in a music magazine! I hope you pictured yourself up there on that stage oneday... ! You're right about that guitar. And I'm glad it's not just me who stares at guitars on stage!

What a great and heart-warming story.

The Reverend 48

Great story.......You will treasure that moment forever......

Bro

Quote from: Greeny on July 06, 2009, 04:26:00 AMI hope you pictured yourself up there on that stage oneday... !
Of curse I picture myself on this stage! And (crazy dream) if i make it. I promise I'll won't forget about you guys, you'll be in my thank you speech whenever i get the chance :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Ferryman

Great story 0jimi. Just treasure it and let it inspire you!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Happy for you 0jh0!! And I'm sure we will be reading that interview Greeny was talking about someday!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Good one.  The awe in your description is priceless.  He is for sure a living ledgend.  I bet he has a powerfull presence up close. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

that moment may stay with him too-who knows-good story
bb is essential cool

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Davo

Cool story!  One of my "short term goals" is to see BB and Les Paul before they pass on.  I hope I get to.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bro

Quote from: Davo on July 06, 2009, 01:02:55 PMCool story!  One of my "short term goals" is to see BB and Les Paul before they pass on.  I hope I get to.
Well B.B. is now on a Europe tour? Maybe you'll have a shot.