where he once began ( Facemask93 Original )

Started by Facemask93, July 05, 2009, 03:46:41 PM

Facemask93

Where He Once Began
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I have to say this site has inspired me to write this song , you guy's are so damm good , that untill i  joined this community , i did not have a clue , but you people have enthusium and time for all , good , or not so good , and it is this attitude that has given me confidence to try a bit harder.
Anyway enough of the gushing , this got a little complicated for me after three bounce's but i think i've actually learnt something today , this sounds better on cans but what the heck , please be honest , i won't learn otherwise

Facemask93

Words and music by Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Geir

WOW !!!!!  WOW !!!

This is just beatiful! Lovely acoustic, some subtle lead ..... BEAUTIFUL vox (including the heavenly harmonies) .....

And an absolutely stunning melody!!

This is going straight to the iPod!!!

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

Wow, Wow, F*cking WOW!!!!!!

There is a big gap before the song starts......

Then it Just Blows you the hell away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Awsome track!!!!

Awesome Vox!!!

Bloody well done..!!!!!!

I'm a fan!!!!

Peace bro!

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tangled Wires

What a great song, agree with Geir, the melody is wonderful.

You have mixed this very well, and listened on the headphones, and was able to pick out all the instruments very well.

Your vocal is very strong, and suits the music perfectly.

I, like you, did not have a clue about all this stuff before I joined this community and have gained confidence from both the useful tips I have picked up and from the postive reaction to the songs I have posted here.

Hope this encourages further to post more work on here, because if its half as good as this it will be well worth listening to.

Great stuff!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

Geir , osckilo , andrewR

A very big thanks guys  , your positive comments mean such a lot to me

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

launched

Yes!!!!!! Just when I think the day is over, I get to hear something as wonderful as this!

I wish I could have helped you more earlier, because the technical barrier is all you have - like I have said before, screw the plastic - you have the real talent.

Such sweet music, excellent guitar and vocals. I've already listened to this piece twice while writing my reply(It's hard to listen and write!!).

There is quite a bit going here and you mix everything  so well, and the bass and the background lead kick a$$. (Maybe bump some of that cool lead guitar up a little)

A+1 = A1!!

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Facemask93

Thank's Mark , but believe me my lead is down low for a reason , it's my weak point

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

Satchwood

Wow great song facemask!!  Cool 12-string sounding acoustic and nice subtle background lead!! - of course I suggest turning that part up  8)  You got a very good voice there as well - with nice backup as well!! 

I'm impressed!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

So great Facemask93.  This is really good.  your lead is actually pretty damn good, it needs to come up in the mix a bit.  This sounds like a lost song from that first David Gilmour solo album, the guitar, the  voice, the feel of this (which is a very good thing in my books).  This is so wonderful to see all these folks coming out with fantastic original songs lately.  One of the best things I have heard in a the last couple of weeks on here.  I like your style.  Good one, you can't stop now, get busy writing your next song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

WOW  THis is just awesome.  Loved your vocals. Mixed to perfection.  The lead could have been a little louder, but it stands great. One wouldn't want to overpower your awesome vocal. And of course you have that dreamy accent. LOL Great job!! I loved it.
P.J.